Our client, a leading multinational mining organization is looking to add a Procurement Specialist focusing on Diesel Fuel & Lubricants. This is a full time permanent position based in Montreal, Quebec.
This individual will manage these commodities in North America, development and deployment by providing rigorous fact based development for the category, co-strategy development with the with North American Regional Manager. Participating in negotiations to achieve supplier selection of all contracts, management and application of price and commercial performance mechanisms.
The organization operates in over 35 countries worldwide. Owning and operating some of the world's largest and best quality mines.
- Monitoring the Diesel Fuel / Lubricant markets. This includes market and competitive analysis, customer demand, supply chain histories and forecasts, supplier analysis, future trend analysis, understanding of total cost of ownership and the levers or value add for the category, and infrastructure analysis.
- Maintain knowledge of all pipeline configurations, refineries, and monitor market
conditions. Weekly reporting with "Intermediate Microsoft Skills"
- Managing reporting, supplier performance, and invoice management with the internal team. This includes, relationship management to ensure suppliers' strengths are fully leveraged into the supply chain and that the full contractual intent.
- Maintaining communication with business unit representatives through weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly meetings. Work will require flexibility and after hour communication.
- Maintaining the highest standard of health and safety performance by implementing a personal safety plan, exhibiting behaviours consistent with zero tolerance, leading by example with colleagues, team members and suppliers and acting in accordance with HSE policies
- Support team members to willingly contribute to the best of their ability and continue to develop over time including development of capability in continuous improvement.
- Assisting in the management and application of price mechanisms throughout contract term.
- Provide forecast pricing assumptions to the Category Manager for approval for BU budget purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Commercial, Finance or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 - 8 Yearsof procurement & supply chain experience
- Previous experience with multi-national companies in Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities,
- Commercially focused Diesel Fuel, Fuel Oil, Lubricant knowledge and price negotiations.
- Knowledge of North America Diesel Fuel, Fuel Oil, and Lubricant markets and mining operations.
- Experience with Global, corporate, cross-cultural environment.
- Managing strategic supplier relationships on a global level or across multiple regions.
- Development and implementation of innovative supply strategies.
- Ability to develop analytical modelling tools and translate findings to meaningful management information.
- Working knowledge of commercial legal contracts in some or all key supplier locations.
- Ability to formulate and present compelling strategies and business cases.
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influence and collaboration with others.
- An ability to work unsupervised and be a self-starter
- English proficiency, French would be an asset
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30875