Our client, a leading multinational mining organization is looking to add a Procurement Specialist to their team. This is a full time permanent position based in Montreal, Quebec.
This organization operates in over 35 countries worldwide. Owning and operating some of the world's largest and best quality mines.
- Owning the development and implementation of a comprehensive regional category management strategy and the development of commercial agreements to minimize total cost of ownership and maximize value that will drive competitive advantage and meet the organization's governance requirements;
- Executing those category plans. This will include leading key or complex sourcing projects and ongoing management of contracts and supplier relationships;
- Consolidating internal regional data collection of current internal customers' supply and consumption trends that will be the basis for category strategy development and related sourcing programs;
- Contribute to a rigorous fact base on external dynamics that will be basis of the category strategy and sourcing program, specifically through market analysis. Systematizing the analytical process through developing and maintaining customized supplier databases and risk management tools;
- Responsible for building the negotiations plans for approval and be able to support and lead during negotiations;
- Managing contracts and support the Business Units end user service delivery team to managers in their contract management accountabilities as defined by the Segmentation model;
- Ensuring all projects are delivered using SAP Ariba and to ensure they meet the requirements outlined in the Procurement and Group Policies, Standards and Guidelines;
- Undertaking value tracking and preparing monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports to customers. Collating and preparing market analysis specific to commercial negotiations;
- Being open and transparent in their relationships and able to develop a high level of trust and work in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of procurement & supply chain experience
- Previous experience with multi-national companies in Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities, Automotive or Aerospace industries etc.
- Previous experience with SAP
- Strong commercial acumen with proven category and contract management capabilities
- Strong project management, problem solving and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influencing and collaboration with others
- Ability to communicate succinctly verbally and in written form with both internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience in data analysis, reporting and systems design
- Bilingual (English/French) is a must
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30875