Our client, a leading multinational mining organization is looking to add a Regional Procurement Manager to their team to look after the organization's Atlantic region. This is a full time permanent position based in Montreal, Quebec.
This organization operates in over 35 countries worldwide. Owning and operating some of the world's largest and best quality mines.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the development of end to end category strategies regionally and execute the category management plan. This includes regular contract reviews, updates and adjustments to the Category Strategy and Sourcing Plan as necessary, contract management requirements and supplier relationship management. Reporting to the General Manager - Hydrocarbons, Indirect Services & Property, you will be:
- Leading a team of Category Specialists and Analysts to effectively manage a portfolio of direct and indirect categories across Hydrocarbons, Explosives, Natural Gas, Professional Services & Information Technology.
- This will include day to day management of the team, as well as coaching and development accountabilities.
- Accountable for developing and overseeing the deep understanding of their assigned categories by ensuring fact-based development of respective category strategies with appropriate buy in and endorsement from key stakeholders including regular reviews, updates and adjustments.
- Overseeing the professional execution of procurement plans outlined in approved category strategies, including commercial and contract negotiations, contract management and supplier development and partnering.
- Ensure category and project governance as appropriate.
- Develop a subject-matter-expert level of understanding of the allocated categories and all changes in the market place and customer requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement & supply chain experience
- Previous experience with multi-national companies in sectors such as Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities, Automotive or Aerospace industries
- Strong previous experience on hydrocarbons & explosives
- Strong commercial acumen with proven category and contract management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influencing and collaboration with others;
- Strong communication and coaching skills
- Ability to lead inclusively and work well with a diverse team, both regionally and globally
- Effective time management and personal organizational skills
- Demonstrate an open minded genuine curiosity towards understanding the needs of business and the impact of applied solutions
- Able to work independently and to receive constructive feedback
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31224