Subsea Project Engineer supporting the team from detailed engineering through to project closeout. Responsibilities of this individual would include:
- Actively involved in the capture, management and closure of opportunities and risks pertaining to SSP from planning through to execution and project closeout.
- Further develop and manage existing and potential / emerging scopes pertaining to the offshore execution window of SSP in 2020.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of project documentation to key stakeholders internally and externally, on all aspects of SSP, from detailed engineering through project closeout.
- Assist with the development and issue of 3rd Party scope of work packages, as required, and provide input during the evaluation and clarification process prior to contract award.
- Manage interfaces and coordinate work with other business unit functions and external 3rd Parties, including installation contractors, equipment suppliers, and certifying authority to support the planning, delivery and execution of SSP in accordance with Operational Excellence Management System framework
- Ensure the incorporation of industry best practices, particularly with respect to subsea construction/diving procedure development, with the aim of reducing cost/risk and improving performance while working within approved budgets and schedules
- Reviewing project and operations documentation in a timely manner as part of various engineering reviews, risk assessments/analysis, action closures and readiness reviews associated with SSP.
- Willingness for periodic travel to 3rd Party sites in support of project delivery, including international destinations, as required.
- Ability and willingness for offshore travel during the offshore execution phase in 2020, including equipment readiness checks, vessel mobilization(s), offshore execution and demobilization(s) as an installation engineer / client representative onboard the installation contractor vessel(s), as required.
The following skills/experience is desirable for this assignment:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 8-10 years' oil & gas experience
- Sound knowledge and experiences of subsea engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning activities, particularly pertaining to saturated diving, flexible pipe lay and FPSO mooring systems.
- Demonstrated experiences as an offshore engineer or client representative during major subsea construction project(s).
- Experience with adhering to industry standard project delivery models and associated project management systems such as EH&S, cost control, planning, quality, document control and management of change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage and motivate external 3rd parties, including consultants and sub-contractors, and liaise with JV partners and regulatory bodies.
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills to build effective relationships, gain support for recommendations and resolve project issues.
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive.
- Expected to work offshore during execution phase and as such requires flexibility of work schedule. Valid HEUBA, BST and offshore medical, or ability to obtain for offshore campaign in 2020 is required.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30367