Petroplan are supporting a client in the search for an Instrument Commissioning Technician whereby the selected candidate will be operating out of Chad on a 28/28 rotation.
Potential candidates interested in the commissioning manager position MUST meet the following requirements:
· Vocational electrical training as an apprentice and 8 years' experience of working in field based Construction / Commissioning environment in the Oil & Gas industry.
· Fluent written and spoken English (Fluent French would be a strong advantage)
· Experience working in Africa (preferable)
Reporting to the Senior Commissioning Technician and ultimately the Commissioning Superintendent.
Assist Lead Instrument technician to Inspect, calibrate, service, test, commission, install/remove, fault find and repair a range of control and instrumentation equipment and cabling including:
- Preparation for inspection and testing by Interpretation and compilation of all engineering documents including datasheets, P & IDs, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Loop Drawings, etc.
- Inspection of Instrumentation installation and cabling prior to acceptance from construction.
- Hands on testing of all types of Field instrumentation including Temperature, Flow, Level and Pressure Transmitters.
- Hands on testing of all types of Fire and Gas detectors and panels including setting up of open path flammable gas detectors.
- Pre-Commission/Commission Instruments, Process Control and Shutdown Systems including Safety Systems and PLC systems both in field and on mechanical package units.
- Ensure that the instrument and control content of the dossiers is accurate and complete before they are accepted from construction and before they are submitted to operations department.
Examples of Duties
- Inspection and Calibration of instruments prior to installation.
- Control and Instrument system inspection and punch listing prior to acceptance from construction
- Control panels, instruments and cable installation checks and testing (Continuity, insulation resistance etc.).
- Pressure test of impulse tubing, flushing of remote-control valves, hydraulic tubing etc.
- Full energized loop checks from input device to output device.
- Function check of control loops from PCS, SIS & ESD systems.
- Fire & Gas Loop device loop checks.
- Cause & Effect / Integration testing to all ESD / PSD / SIS / F&G devices.
- Assist with raising of PTW, JHA, toolbox briefs etc.
- Assist in set up of systems for dynamic commissioning by de-isolations, normalising of controls, temporary overrides reset of trips.
- Take operational readings and tuning of controls during dynamic commissioning
- Strip, and overhaul of instruments, control valves and re-instatements etc.
- Preservation of equipment under the control of commissioning group
- Complete ITR check sheets and punch lists and enter in PCMS
- Assist in preparation of handover documentation, dossiers, redline mark ups etc.
Hands on inspection, testing and commissioning of control and instrumentation equipment:
- Must have worked and executed Oil & Gas upstream projects and experience to include minimum of 8 years testing and commissioning.
- Strong general technical/engineering trade skills and knowledge of good engineering practices in instrumentation and measurement and use of standard tools and test equipment
- Interpretation of engineering documents including datasheets, P & IDs, cable block diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Loop and termination diagrams, Functional logic and I/O lists etc.
- Familiarity with Oil and gas safety practices, PTW systems, tool box briefs etc.
- Familiar with the application of Completion Management Systems (PCMS) for the control of Pre-Commissioning activities (Check sheet and punch list completion etc.)
- Familiar with the concept of Commissioning Systems and the representation of the same using Limits of System Hanover Documents. ( LOSH)
- Basic computer skills with modern day PC application packages.
- Flexible on work locations and willingness to work outside discipline when required.
- Ability to interface with multi-discipline company and contractor engineering personnel, fabrication, installation, hook up and commissioning teams.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with individuals from different nationalities
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33657