Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager the Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician is responsible to provide:
- Commissioning expertise on behalf of Chad Operations & Maintenance Management within a green field and brown field project environment as the Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician as required.
- Collaborative development of detailed Mechanical Commissioning Procedures and Commissioning Plans in conjunction with the Operations Services Function Group, Construction Group and Operations Group in accordance with recognised industry, ISO international and Company standards.
- Provide leading operations guidance to ensure that the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of facilities is seamless and delivered in a prescribed manor in preparation for RFO (Ready for Operations).
- Facilitate a co-operative working arena within the Project Business Unit and other functional support groups.
- Remain current with knowledge and understanding of industry operating standards, practices and technology.
- Provide the opportunity for CA&A (Competency Assessment & Assurance) based training of national staff throughout the course of the commissioning process in conjunction with the Operations Maintenance & Production Departments as outlined in the company training plan.
- Experience in Emergency Response as part of an Emergency Response Team within Production Operations & Maintenance (on-shore & off-shore).
- Competent in the preparation of commissioning planning and reporting documentation
- Competent in understanding and explaining related documentation (P&ID's, Piping isometric drawings, construction plans, Plant integrity and inspection procedures and planning, installation and start-up of rotating equipment (centrifugal, & PD Pumps, Prime-movers, Diesel and Gas reciprocating engines), Gas compression facilities, Fired heaters, Vessels and associated process isolation Valve systems
- Competent in troubleshooting and interrogating rotating equipment performance.
- Track record in developing and working within matrix-type functional support organisational structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in a remote fast-changing developing environment.
- Experience within oil/gas field operations and/ or project based facilities development covering well sites, gathering systems and manifolds, testing facilities, production facilities and production operations, in a multi-national commissioning operations team.
- Experience with plant upgrading and general process optimisation.
- Supervises the assigned discipline Mechanical commissioning technicians as required. The position also requires the 'on the job' training of junior trainee Technicians in accordance with the company Competency Assessment & Assurance training plan in conjunction with the Maintenance/ Production and Training Departments.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a commissioning environment
- Access to technical and operations networks in the industry
- Implementation and sharing best practice
- Sound knowledge of technical, operating, safety and legal requirements and standards relevant to the oil and gas industry
- Ability to function in a matrix structure with construction, maintenance, engineering and training departments and peers located at site, in country and possibly in an engineering office environment in London and other contractor engineering locations
- Extreme cultural sensitivity required in order to integrate in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Ability to master new techniques unique to upstream operations
- Sound understanding of mechanical commissioning processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor national disciplined staff in commissioning best practice and procedures in accordance with industry Competency Assessment & Assurance training practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Proven track record of commissioning and Integrity based background in the oil & gas industry
- Track record in international Oil & Gas Facilities Maintenance & Operations
- Effective understanding and sensitivity for cultural diversity.
- Potential candidates interested in the Senior Mechanical Technician position MUST meet the following requirements:
- HND/ HNC or relevant qualification in a Mechanical engineering discipline
- Emergency Management & Control Competent
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33254