POSITION: E&I Supervisor
LOCATION: Field locations
SCHEDULE: 28/28 Rotation
Reporting to the Construction Manager the primary responsibility of the E&I Supervisor will be to supervise E&I activities onsite for the effective execution of Capital Facilities and OPEX Projects for the Business Unit.
Supervise EI & C construction scopes of work within contractual scope boundaries.
- Work closely with and provide EI & C advice to the field based construction teams and associated contractors on site to ensure a concise understanding of all engineering packages, project specifications and standards.
- Provide EI & C technical support to operations during the construction and commissioning phases to assist with the technical handover of the facilities and related equipment.
- Sub-Contractor management including evaluating sub-contractor capabilities and assisting as applicable in the evaluation of contractor proposals and bids.
- Interface with NDJ based contractor and sub-contractor Management as required to discuss and solve any misunderstandings and communicate expectations.
- Develop or validate construction estimates for new implementation of EI & C scopes of work
- Understand construction cost estimates (budget), contracts signed for the project, and report on construction performance.
- Assist in ensuring the Quality Assurance System is implemented in accordance with company standards.
- Liaise with the NDJ project team to provide feedback into ongoing design work to optimize designs with field design input.
- Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of EI & C design, scheduling, preliminary execution planning, and detailed construction planning and cost estimating.
- Participate in the early development of the overall Construction Management execution strategies, working in consultation with the Business Unit.
- Work closely with the project team as directed by the Construction Manager and attend Operability and Constructability reviews as required.
- Drive consistency across the various operating centers with respect to project execution plans, project execution protocols and ensure consistency with respect to construction and engineering standards.
- Ref: PCM/17-3-19
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the overall construction organization and execution model through both leadership and development of common work practice.
- In conjunction with the field O & M Planner, give guidance and assist the operations production and maintenance department teams (Electrical & Instrumentation/ Controls) with facilities readiness and planning of opportunity based maintenance activities, major events and campaign maintenance in conjunction with any plant inspection services required and if applicable, the process facilities engineer.
This position requires leadership, communication, organizational and management skills to lead and direct others to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrated past experience working within Brownfield Projects
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 10 years oil and gas experience
- Broad experience with sweet and sour gas/oil processing facilities and pipelines
- Proficient with MS Office and project management software
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with individuals from different nationalities
- Previous experience in a EI & C supervisory role with proven track record
- Demonstrate past experience interfacing with construction personnel to plan and execute project deliverables.
- Team player with the ability to grow within a growing E&P Company
- Ability to manage a scope of work and liaise successfully with contractors and nationals as needed
- In depth knowledge of Commissioning and Completions Process from Construction through to Handover to Operations.
- Minimum Qualifications Potential candidates interested in the E&I Supervisor's position MUST meet the following requirements:
- Suitable EI & C, Ordinary degree/ HNC,ONC or National Equivalent, or relevant 10 years' experience in Oil and Gas (Preferably Onshore overseas)
- Experience working in Africa (preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Relevant work experience in Oil and Gas Upstream Industry
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34449