We are looking for 2 Site QA/QC Engineers for long term contract roles in Chad, Africa (28x28). Onshore Africa experience or experience of working in a hardship location is a key requirement from the client.
POSITION: SITE QA/QC AND COMPLETIONS ENGINEER
LOCATION: Field Based, CHAD
Reports To: Manager, Construction and Projects via Site Construction Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Third Party Inspection Contractor and Construction Contractors QA/QC Personnel.
- Manages Facilities Construction Contractor's QA/QC personnel and 3rd Party Inspection Contractors against Site Specific Construction execution / implementation ITPs
- Acts as Single Point Authority (SPA) for non-conformance reporting, and verification of corrective actions to ensure compliance with the relevant systems and specifications
- Provide quality leadership and drive a proactive approach to maintaining quality and solving quality issues. Provide any support necessary to meet project quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Manage Facilities Construction Contractor's QA/QC personnel and 3rd Party Inspection Contractors against Site Specific Construction execution / implementation ITPs.
- Assist site Construction and Project Team in the management of the Projects and Construction Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure implementation and continuous improvement.
- Manage the Projects and Construction Site Specific Quality Management Plans, including, QA/QC Control procedures and site execution Inspection Test Plans (ITPs)
- Manage all site based QA/QC related stages from Material receipt at site through to RFSU
- Assist in Developing the our Asset Inspection and Testing Philosophy/Strategy in line with Industry Best practices.
- Support the MOC Process to ensure both technical and commercial compliance with Project Expectations
- Assist Project Construction Management in the Development and implementation of a Projects specific CCMS System (Computerised Completions Management System). Manage the system with discipline assistance to ensure a smooth and Auditable Hand over process from Mechanical Completion through to RFSU and Hand over acceptance by Asset Management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an agreed set of Equipment applicable, Mechanical Completion and Pre-commissioning Inspection Test Records to support Project ITPs and Asset Handover Certification requirements
- Maintain a tracking system to monitor the status of Facilities Construction Contractors NCRs
- Maintain and Manage Welding and Test Equipment Calibration logs and Welder Qualification Logs.
- Develop the specifications for the Contract Quality Plans and Manuals for the Contracts awarded within the Projects.
- Review the Construction Contractors Quality requirements for the pre-qualification and tendering exercises and assist in the evaluation of the Bidders' Quality systems.
- Monitor and ensure maintenance of project quality standards during construction, installation, commissioning and initial operations of the facilities. Actively engage in planning and work management, together with the Contractor's QA/QC departments at project sites;
- Technically support and manage the Construction Contractor's site QA/QC personnel assigned to the site Teams, in the various site locations.
- Manage and report on findings and repair requirements found during execution of Project specific ITPs.
- Co-ordinate the review and acceptance of Contractor's Quality records and certification, and ensure that they provide evidence of compliance.
Experience and/or educational requirements
- Significant experience in a wide range of Inspection and QA/QC areas associated with Oil & Gas, preferably having extensive experience with a Major Operator in the area of ASME Plant Inspection.
- A proven level of competency and execution in Non-destructive testing methods, including but not limited to: UT, TOF, Radiography, X-Ray, Hydro-testing, Nitrogen Testing and Acoustic Testing.
- A proven track record of competency and understanding of the principles and fundamentals of an RBI Process (Risk Based Inspection)
- A detailed level of experience and knowledge of CCMS (Completions Management System)
- Strong knowledge in Quality Control and Assurance elements of regulatory codes and standards pertaining to national and international requirements for global projects. (Welding, Testing and Inspection)
- Associated membership of a Chartered Quality Institute to maintain awareness of latest developments and trends in Quality Management would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of quality leadership and proactively influencing quality culture and performance
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29718