This position will be based in the field in Chad Africa.
- Ensure that all facilities operating procedures and work activity plans include appropriate Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Risk Assessment and precautionary measures in compliance with the company permit to work system and procedure, to minimize risk to personnel, the environment and company assets.
- Ensure the maximum availability of plant, equipment and machinery in conjunction with the Maintenance department to deliver on the agreed oil production forecast in accordance with the contractual DCQ.
- Ensure product specification is met in conjunction with the Production Supervisor, Senior Production Engineer, Senior Instrument Engineer and site Laboratory Service Provider.
- Provide department management with daily reported statistical information regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of the production process streams in terms of oil production, gas production and water production through use of designated well testing programs as directed by the Production Supervisor and the Senior Production Engineer.
- Ensure compliance with all mandatory legal requirements and company specific requirements in terms of facilities, plant and equipment condition, performance and availability.
- Ensure direct interfacing takes place daily with the maintenance department and the production wells support teams in a collaborative manner, along with documented daily activity reports in compliance with mandatory operating standards and company requirements.
- Ensure that agreed department resource competency based training is carried out in conjunction with company training and human resources departments.
- Provide collaborative support to process facilities engineering group and assist where possible with operations production operating/ technical requirements.
- Ensure adequate interfacing within the operations maintenance department and functional support groups as directed by the Production Supervisor or as outlined in operations reference and action plans.
- Act up to the Production Supervisor level as required.
- Assist the Production Supervisor, Senior Production Engineer and Maintenance Superintendent in the development of production planning and field management/ maintenance plans.
- In conjunction with the field O & M Planner, assist the Production Supervisor in establishing bridging procedures across functions and planning of maintenance activities, major events, campaign maintenance and scheduled field/ facilities shutdown turnarounds.
- In conjunction with the field O & M Planner and the Production Supervisor; take responsibility with the assistance of the maintenance department teams (Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation/ Controls) in safe making and handover of plant and facilities as part of planning of maintenance activities, major events, campaign maintenance and scheduled shutdown turnaround activities in conjunction with plant inspection services and process facilities engineer.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on field and facilities availability highlights/ low lights to the Operations Production Supervisor for input into company reporting systems.
- Maintain active department involvement, interfacing and demonstrated commitment to all company HSE related initiatives and planned activities.
Experience and/or educational requirements
- Experience in working in a multi discipline multi-national team on onshore upstream hydrocarbon oil & gas processing plant and facilities in a remote environment.
- Experience in working in a functional environment (shared services or matrix organization)
- Experience in interfacing with contracted service providers.
- Experience in interfacing with major original equipment manufacturer and vendor service providers.
- Experience in interfacing with project management teams at site.
- Experienced in Emergency Management and Control as part of an Operations Production Team.
- A good knowledge of Process Safety Management and production operations.
- Experience in working in an E&P environment including drilling, completions and well work over.
- Working knowledge of Industry Standard CMMS and SCM management software. (e.g. MAXIMO, SAP, DATA STREAM, EAM)
- Good computer based skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience in the training of multi-national workforce in production operations.
- A highly competent communicator, with good interpersonal skills.
- Quick to adapt new and innovative ideas.
- Proven ability to Coach and mentor production operations personnel.
- Ability to communicate relevant reports to line management
- Ability to function in a matrix organisation structure with managers and peers located in various locations.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32811