PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position is the technical liaison between the customer, C&O Compound Sales and R&D Compound Engineer, communicating customer requirements and providing project selection and prioritization in cooperation with the Sales. This position typically manages development projects over a period of 1-3 years until start of production. The MDE position is intended to play a major role in identifying and creating new sales opportunities and building a pipeline for sales growth.
- Be the main contact and interface between both R&D and the Customer, typically automotive OEMs/Tiers.
- Develops new and nurtures existing relationships with the Customer base.
- Defines, in cooperation with C&O and R&D, development projects and priorities.
- Continually communicates project status from start of material test to approval.
- Identifies potential current and/or future product applications.
- Determines material requirements or specifications for targeted applications.
- Communicates material requirements and desired timing to R&D at project initiation.
- Schedules molding trials for material evaluation in actual parts, attending as schedule permits.
- Presents a formalized data package of developed material for customer approval.
- Acts as Customer Representative meaning the employee has the responsibility & authority to ensure that customer requirements are addressed.
- Documents program/project status with reports as required by manager.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, and/or Plastics Engineering, or equivalent
- Good communication and analytical skills in English (plus German is a strong advantage), strategic mindset, problem-solving capabilities and good relationship building abilities
- 3-5 years' experience in automotive industry, including but not limited to mold design, process engineering, product development, project management, procurement or quality
- Advanced English, German is a strong advantage
- Good command of MS Office
- Travel 25-50% required
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36763