Corporate Governance Coordinator
The Corporate Governance Coordinator has overall responsibility for the coordination/advisory of all aspects of corporate governance and agreements in relation to domestic downstream joint ventures (JV). Incumbent will ensure compliance with the various governing agreements and downstream guidelines, and is responsible for a number of key continuous improvement initiatives to develop corporate governance processes.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A bachelors' degree in law.
- At least five years of industry experience, with a thorough knowledge of all aspects of corporate governance, particularly within a joint venture environment.
- Ability to process complex and potentially sensitive issues, developing sound, fact-based recommendations.
- Excellent in both analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Willingness to tackle challenging tasks and seek additional responsibility. In conflict situations, will state own position clearly and confidently.
- Effective written communication skills - prepare documents and reports that are easily understood, gather data, and prepare analysis and recommendations.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the various governing agreements to ensure that organizations and JV Corporate Governance processes are in compliance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of developments related to Corporate Governance within company organizations and in the international arena.
- Identify Corporate Governance issues and coordinate input from across the company (ie. Legal, Finance, etc.) to develop recommendations on how the issues should be addressed.
- Provide analytical support and advice to the Management Team on all aspects of Corporate Governance relating to participation in JVs.
- Support Management in discussions in relation to the governing agreements.
- Establish and manage critical administrative and communication processes (including pre- and post-board briefings, pre- and post-general assembly meeting briefings, regular communication meetings, etc.).
- Maintain, and provide access to, a comprehensive repository of information reflecting material shared in all key interactions with the JV (including governing agreements, meetings, presentations, reports, letters and emails).
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key personnel in the JVs to ensure Senior Management is well appraised of all developments relating to Corporate Governance.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36511