Engineering Technical Services Lead
A leading oil and gas company are looking for a technical services lead, accountable to provide technical design and engineering services for assigned projects in order to achieve the required technical and quality integrity of work while considering project objectives of safety, quality, time and cost and in accordance with the company's procedures.
The lead technical services engineer will be responsible for the resource planning aspects of all engineers to support his department's assigned projects, ensuring effective use of resources through the project life cycle. Responsible for management and implementation of QHSE Systems for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the design and engineering management activities for assigned projects.
- Responsible for resourcing all multi discipline Engineers required to support the engineering activities for his Department assigned projects.
- Ensure that the assigned Discipline Engineers from PT Department's resource pool have the necessary Technical Authority designation in their respective disciplines.
- Responsible to ensure that assigned projects have defined standards and specifications.
- Represent Department in development of Feasibility Studies.
- Responsible for implementation of Technical assurance activities to provide oversight on Contractor engineering resources to ensure compliance to approved discipline standards.
- Manage Quality Assurance and Quality Control in all the phases of the project design development, procurement, fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning for Department assigned projects. Responsible for the preparation and implementation of Quality Plans for assigned projects.
- Ensure appropriate checking of comments on engineering deliverables with due consideration to specifications and standards.
- Responsible for resolving all contradictory and irrelevant comments on engineering deliverables prior to the release of documents to the Contractors.
- Represent Department in matters related to development and implementation of HSE integrated management systems by monitoring, participating in inspections and audits to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Support development activities by ensuring that Nationals receive the proper job training and development to realize the full potential for local talents, and maximize contribution to project success.
Decision Making Authority
- Make all necessary decisions relating to project technical issues within the framework of Contract documents and procedures and guidelines, in line with the Project Team.
- Accountable for efficiently managing all technical, QHSE activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Accountable for decision regarding recruitment or resourcing of personnel for all engineering disciplines assigned to the department.
Special Features, Challenges
- Frequent long working hours may be required, which may include out-door field work.
- Organise and manage complexity of demands to arrive at optimum, cost effective solutions and designs.
- Ability to influence people at all levels in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Exposed to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special management skills. Management of sound inter-personal relationships and effective communication within Contractor Teams.
- Work locations: Doha office, Contractors engineering office, Contractors fabrication yard, vendor shops and facilities as required.
- B.Sc. Degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership in a recognized professional engineering and/or project management association/institution would be an advantage.
- Fifteen (15) years minimum overall experience with ten (10) years in design management of oil & gas projects.
- Skills/Knowledge of international, Shell DPs and /or relevant standards related to his area of expertise.
- Possesses Extensive and demonstrable leadership, coordination, communication and management skills. Has experience managing and resourcing projects from a matrix organisation and dealing with EPIC contractors.
- Demonstrable HSE leadership skills and experience.
If this lead engineering role is of interest, please don't hesitate to apply now.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32806