Gas Projects Development Head
A leading petroleum company are looking for a Head of Project Development to provide support and guidance for offshore international and domestic existing and new field developments/projects for gas producing fields for QP and joint ventures (JV/EPSA/DPSA) from initiation to implementation.
- The gas projects development head will review the international and domestic gas offshore facilities design of all new surface facilities development proposals to ensure that the proposed development configurations are the most reliable, cost effective and robust configurations and are in line with the agreed concept.
- Explore all possible synergies among offshore assets to reduce OPEX/CAPEX. Evaluate where standardisation may be applied to process designs of similar process units and extend this philosophy to cover equipment and services to reduce inventories and cost of services.
- Undertake necessary studies as gas projects development head to determine the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the selected offshore facilities to achieve established objectives.
- Participate in peer, value engineering, and gate reviews at appropriate milestones during the development of projects to ensure compliance with the approved conceptual designs in order to eliminate future variation orders during implementation phase of projects.
- Conduct lifecycle cost analysis/cost estimation for developments and submit a comparison table of options with preliminary recommendation to the Assistant Manager of Project Development.
- Review all Annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) submissions & monitor work plan implementation progress and expenditures.
- Participate in joint activities with QP partners to review offshore infrastructure integrity issues and any other problematic areas related to the offshore operation of fields.
- Maintain technical data base to be used as reference for future development as validation and benchmarking tools for new business evaluation opportunities
- Assist in developing of proper procedures, processes, and controls for project development, monitoring and benchmarking.
- Support setting up commercial / fiscal agreements and economics evaluation by making sure the facilities inputs (CAPEX/OPEX/Facilities configuration) meet QP expectations
- Coordinate with other functional groups both in and outside the department to support Asst. Manager, Offshore Projects Development to manage interfaces between all offshore Oil & Gas operators/projects.
Decision Making Authority
- Work within established Corporate/Directorate/Department policies, procedures, engineering standards and directives from the VS Director.
- Authority to recommend changes in design and advise the Assistant Manager, Offshore Project Development to endorse the submission of proposal for offshore developments and effective control of execution of the project.
- Responsible for recommending, negotiating, developing of a multi-billion dollar offshore projects development.
- Follow up on JV and DPSA Projects to ensure QP's experience and interests are properly represented.
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- The Jobholder demands substantial self-confidence and a high degree of independence; the Assistant Manager, Offshore Project Development will endorse recommendations raised by the jobholder.
- The job holder will be guided in the execution of his work by adherence to a strong professional work ethic and by the rules and regulations established by QP for its employees.
- Work in harmony with the working team, coordinate effectively with other engineers and apply his professional experience to expedite the work.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 15 year's relevant Oil and Gas industry experience and 10 years' experience in Offshore Brownfield/Greenfield Oil and Gas Projects.
- Exposure to all stages of the offshore oil & gas project life cycle and large project execution with sound engineering background.
- Strong knowledge or previous experience of working in gas processing facilities
- Should have hands-on experience in process simulation/cost analysis software and its applications
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31200