Senior Facility Engineer
A leading petroleum client is looking for a senior facility engineer to contribute to the companies' downstream facilities. The facility engineer will be reviewing and analysing downstream facilities performance, so as to identify opportunities to improve performance.
The facility engineer will be needed to monitor the execution of improvement plans, whilst simultaneously supporting the Asset manager and reporting to senior management and JV board members.
- The facility engineer will monitor the actual performance of the existing facilities in order to verify that the facilities design targets, production yields and operating philosophies are being achieved, pro-actively communicate gaps to potential and propose improvement activities
- Provide technical input on the actual performance of the facilities; including reliability, operability, availability and maintainability to ensure that the design proposed for any new development project is practical and realistic and unlikely to give rise to future operational problems.
- Identify areas for cost reductions and propose alternative engineering solutions for the plant's improvement proposals and identify potential synergies, which are most effective in reducing the overall operating cost. Perform initial techno/economical evaluations of improvement proposals
- Provide technical support to the commercial/ legal teams during negotiation of commercials.
- Analyze asset's Work Plan and Budget (WPB) financial submissions against identified activities and priorities, pro-actively provide insights into degree of alignment between assets' management, propose actions to improve alignment
- Verify Green House Gas (GHG) submission from assets to ensure that relevant assets comply with the requirements of GHG Procedure and that the GHG verification process is carried out in timely manner
- Analyse the monthly flaring data submitted by assets for flare reporting to the Senior Management and to monitor companies' progress on reducing flared gas volume.
- Provide mentoring and on the job training of Qatari engineers to ensure knowledge transfer and retention, career development and implementation of the directorate Qatarization plan.
- Execute Heat and Material balance calculations on proposed asset improvements to ensure proposals are technically sound, communicate summaries economic evaluations for commercial department
- Lead external benchmark activities and prepare improvement plan for assigned asset(s), to attain and maintain 1st quartile performance benchmark on capacity, reliability, cost, shutdown duration and other relevant technical parameters
- Review operational and financial performance of the assets through assets' management and KPI reports. Develop internal management reports for leadership team.
- Provide technical, and business inputs for the development of the downstream strategy and commercial negotiations
- Develop stakeholder management plan and coordinate technology providers, consultants to insure external insights are captured for the generation of improvement initiatives and their evaluation.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend integration and standardization opportunities
- Prepare briefings and recommendations for board member on JV's
Decision Making Authority
- Work to Department policies, procedures, engineering standards & directives from the supervisor.
- Create independent work strategy & plan and establish direct communications with all relevant stakeholders Refer to Supervisor on technical decisions that would incur cost implication towards the company on any communication outside the department.
- Seek guidance from Supervisor on any claims from the stakeholders on waivers from technical, environment and/or safety requirements
- Recommend asset improvement / optimization plans, selections of technologies and budget and business plan input
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- Considering the overlap, complexity and scale of the targeted process facility, the Facility Engineer must be able to independently plan and schedule work activities for self to determine the best way to accomplish the work within the allowed timeframe as allocated by the Supervisor. The job requires broad process/mechanical background and familiarity with process packages such as HYSIS and Multimedia I Microsoft software
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree required (higher academic qualification preferred) in Chemical Engineering I Mechanical Engineering Degree from an internationally recognized university and preferably with chartered engineering status.
- Minimum of 15 years of broad based relevant industrial experience required, in an operational environment, preferably in plant management with at least a direct exposure to commercial and business development activities.
- Experience should include exposure to major projects design, and a good knowledge of project execution strategies and multi discipline engineering activities.
- Good understanding of discounted cash flow valuation methods and metrics such as NPV, IRR & financial metrics such as ROCE
- Strong communication skills and proven decision making and problem-solving skills. Good command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiations and interpersonal skills are required
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31214