Reports to: Manager, Human Capital
Direct reports / staff supervised: 4
JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Primarily responsible for driving talent development strategies, tools and processes in the disciplines of performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, development planning, and competency identification to develop leaders to meet the current and future business needs of the company.
Strategy and Performance Management
- Establish and lead the Talent Development organization at the company and create a long-term organization strategy for talent development.
- Identify and implement best practices in talent management throughout the organization. Develop strategic partnerships and alignment with external "best in class" companies and vendors.
- Develop appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the strategic talent management function.
Performance and Succession planning
- Implement a competency based performance management strategy that drives a culture of high performance, identifies and prepares high potential associates for key roles within the organization, provides meaningful feedback regarding developmental needs and ensures the ability to fill future leadership opportunities.
- Identify high impact positions, career paths and development opportunities that are essential in developing the company next generation of leaders and ensuring long-term business objectives.
- Contribute to design, development and implementation of a competency framework for selected jobs/job families.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the design and implementation of a competency assessment and development system.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or any similar discipline.
- Preferred: Master's degree in Organization Development or related field.
- Total of 7-10 years of experience within the Human Resources or Learning & Development and a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Proven successful talent development creation and execution experience.
- Good understanding of talent development in Qatar
- Strong leadership skills
- English language proficiency
- Arabic working proficiency (not required, but desirable)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.