Company: Oil & Gas Operator
Reports to: Budget, Contracts & IMS Manager
Directorate / Dept.: Refining Operations-Business Support Department
Purpose of the Job
- Manage independent Cost estimation and Cost advice for developing and implementing various Capital, Production, Maintenance, HSE and Refinery Shutdown Projects.
- Execute cost estimate for in-house Plant modification for optimizing and improving Refinery processes, production and HSE requirements.
- Prepare independent Corporation estimates, for multi-discipline projects of General Tender Committee (GTC), Limited Tender Committee (LTC) and Direct Order (DO), obtain approvals and submit confidentially to tender committee with in the time frame set by the company, for tender evaluation
- Develop a detailed breakdown for the Corporation estimate using accepted estimating methods, submit to Contracts Department, along with basis of estimate, for commercial evaluation and Provide justification for the company estimation
- Prepare cost estimates for Plant Change Request (PCR), obtain approvals and submit to PCR focal point for evaluation
- Develop and maintain cost estimating database and norms from the awarded contracts for benchmarking with Corporation estimates and prepare cost estimating policies and procedures with the assistance of subordinate.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of cost estimation weekly and monthly status report as requires to the Department Manager
- Corporate Business Plan to ensure timely execution of projects within the agreed scope, time and budget
- Ensure HSE considerations are always taken into account in all proposals recommended and support of the strategic Qatarization Plan initiated to achieve a quality national workforce in the Refining Operations
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Mechanical Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years oil and gas experience in cost estimation, contractor interface, planning and costing.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and / or Certified Cost Professional (CCP) will be an assets.
- Excellent oral and written English, communication combined with good presentation skills.
- Experience in MS Office applications and leadership and motivation ability and Problem solving skills.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37993