Senior Operator LNG
Operate and monitor all operational aspects of the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Jetty maintenance consistent with acceptable industry standards and company procedures in accordance to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).
Monitor Cargo Transfer Operations and Produce reports for LNG and the Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) Operations.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
Health Safety Environment
- Regularly monitor and promptly report any safety concerns, environmental hazards, incidents and unsafe acts & conditions for LNG Jetty and FSRU.
- Conduct regular safety audit and follow up for the outstanding action items
- Comply with Company safety standard, Port Authority and Industry safety requirements.
- Assist Terminal Lead for preparation and coordination with FSRU and Port Authority for Emergency Exercises
- Responsible as Area Authority in the Control of Work system for any activities on the LNG Jetty
- Perform initial gas tests and isolation & purging of Jetty process and equipment for maintenance works and ensure that control measures are in place as stated in Work Permit and Risk Assessment. Reinstate isolations and equipment on completion of maintenance, and carry out function test before handover.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance of the Jetty with Maintenance Department, OEM and other service providers. Monitor field activities on the jetty ensuring the HSE guidelines and procedures are followed and all premeditated conditions are met at all time during maintenance and inspections.
- Operate connection & disconnection of Loading Arm, Gangway, Jetty Crane and emergency diesel generator when required.
- Perform routine checks, daily log and housekeeping of the LNG Jetty.
- Conduct safety induction to LNG Terminal visitors, organize and escort their visits ensuring LNG Terminal regulations and procedures are followed.
- Regularly check on the spare parts of LNG Jetty which are kept onboard FSRU, update the record and request for replacement as required.
- Regularly check on quantity and physical conditions of the gas sample bottles. Maintain record of the utilization of the retention and lab sample bottles for every cargo, and follow up with laboratory as required.
- Raise maintenance request and identify the priorities for both planned/ unplanned works.
- Liaise with support vessels for loading/offloading of material as and when required for LNG Jetty.
- Process Non Objection Certificate (NOC) request from Port Authorities for FSRU & Jetty visitors to allow port entry permit.
- Monitor and witness STS cargo transfer process, and maintain the detailed record of sequences starting from NOR to LNGC hose disconnection & cast-off. Track and record the details for utilization of lay-time, anomalies observed and LOP issues.
- Check and verify LNGC arrival temperatures & pressures are in line with terminal regulations, and discharge quantities as per commercial instruction.
- Assist Terminal Lead in execution of LNGC arrival communication protocol as per below list but not limited to:
- Forward 90 days schedule to Port & FSRU
- Provide condition of use to LNGC captain
- Survey intimation letter for planned LNG cargo transfer
- Cargo discharge operation schedule to LNGC & FSRU, Regas plan during cargo discharge to FSRU
- Forward Commercial instruction & cargo load port documents to FSRU
- Berth instruction to port for LNGC arrival
- Soft and Hard copy record for all LNGC STS operation
- Attend pre/post cargo discharge meeting onboard visiting LNGC. Coordinate with surveyor and cargo officers in measuring and recording the cargoes quality and quantity. Check and verify the preliminary cargo transfer report.
- Assist LNG Terminal Lead for cargo discharge plan using the approved cargo management model.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
- minimum 6 years of experience in LNG Terminal/ FSRU or similar facilities
- Level-2 crane operator competency
- Good understanding of Marine equipment such as fender, mooring system, and navigation buoys, etc.
- Able to operate Marine Loading Arm
- Able to manage operational aspects of contractors
- Well-developed troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34832