Company: shipbuilding and repairing services provider
Conract: permanent /staff based in Dubai
Reviewing commercial agreements, taking down minutes of meetings, and assisting with shipping corporate, competition, employment, regulatory, environmental, property, insurance and other ad-hoc legal matters, whether of a litigation or transactional nature.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
- Assist in the development of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
Day- to-day operations:
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and or litigation matters.
- Attending board meetings and taking down minutes.-(where requested).
- Participating in conference calls and note taking.
- Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Notarizations of Power of Attorney Legal Translations and any other documents.
- Drafting Board Resolutions.
- Review insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
- Assist in carrying out research on various legal issues.
- Assist in providing regular updates on litigation related matters.
- Assist in maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
- Providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Ensuring work is carried out in a collegiate atmosphere with a focus on empowerment and upselling.
- Knowledge and experience of shipping /oil and gas law.
- Experience in a similar position in a reputable shipyard or shipping company or in private practice.
- Familiar with technical terms related to the shipping and oil and gas industries.
- Project Management and Contract negotiation skills.
- Graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
- Post graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction (England and Wales preferred)
- Minimum of one year legal work experience preferred.
- 3 years legal work experience.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH38021