Petroplan is in search for a Mechanical Technician in Medicine Hat, AB.
This will be a 3 month turnaround contract.
To provide support to the Process Team and Turnaround Team to effectively and efficiently execute the Catalyst work and all associated scope during the 2020 Medicine Hat Turnaround in accordance with the Turnaround objectives and standards.
- Provide support to the Process Team and Turnaround (TAR) Catalyst Team, as required.
- Monitor and track catalyst unloading and loading activities including the replacement of the reformer catalyst, hydrodesulfurization catalyst, and methanol synthesis catalyst.
- Supervise all assigned personnel including Employees, Contractors and Vendors, ensuring that resources are always adequate to complete the established scope of work.
- Review job packages, spare parts, equipment and materials for quantity and quality and provide feedback to Planning, Process and TAR Team.
- Review all procedures applicable to catalyst offloading and loading.
- Review all RC and permitting requirements and ensure that they are in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Liaise with the Site Services Coordinator to ensure that equipment and site services are available when and where required.
- Understand schedule and timelines for assigned work orders and direct who does what when, in order to comply with the schedule. Provide status updates to the Planning/Scheduling Team each shift for catalyst activities.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately for the proper allocation of charges per Work Order and turned in each shift by sub-contractors
- Assist as needed with various other turnaround activities.
- Recommend minor changes to catalyst unloading and loading procedure to effectively and efficiently execute the Catalyst Works.
- Employee and contractor compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Effectively communicate current activities and policies.
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with all HR policies and procedures, including performance optimisation.
- Mechanical Technician
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience at an industrial plant site
- Proven experience in catalyst replacement projects
- Experience with permitting and safe work practices
- Experience with procedures and protocols
- Experience with catalyst unloading and loading activities
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37324