Senior Integrity Engineer (Topsides)
We require a senior integrity engineer to work on a topsides project with a key oil and gas operator in the Middle East, the integrity engineer will be the Focal Point for all Topsides Pressure Systems Integrity issues throughout offshore and onshore operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement the Pressure Systems Integrity Management System (PRIMS). Improve, update and maintain the Pressure Systems Integrity Management System and Strategy and supporting documents.
- Act as the Responsible Person for the Safety Critical Elements related to Pressure Systems. Support Operations, Projects, Engineering and Maintenance groups with technical review and Technical Authority (TA) approval of Pressure System Design Change proposals.
- Manage external Inspection Contractors and act as the Company's Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for areas related to Pressure Systems.
- Maintain and update of pressure system components risk rankings based on Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Assessments. Compile and issue of "Written Schemes of Inspection" for topside pressure system inspections to the inspection contractor(s) and analysis of inspection data upon completion.
- Identify and report requirements for pressure system repairs and remedial works, as required.
- Control of all relevant pressure system engineering information and records within the discipline database. Ensure that all elements of Pressure Systems Equipment Integrity data are captured and managed effectively to support an Integrity Assurance Databases, and the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Assist the Engineering and Operations Groups by providing ongoing Pressure Systems Integrity Technical Support to all the company's operating areas.
- Undertake audits to assure compliance with PRIMS and close-out of all Pressure System Integrity related legacy and audit actions. Maintain assurance documentation of Pressure System Integrity and co-ordinate with Independent Competent Party (ICP) verification.
- Provide integrity engineer reports on Pressure System Integrity status to Senior Management.
- Compile and manage budget requirement for implementation of the PRIMS system and strategy.
- Participate in external activities to ensure current developments in integrity management techniques and practices are being applied, as appropriate to our facilities, in accordance with "good oilfield practice".
Communication and Important Working Relationships
Internal Contacts: Asset Integrity Manager, Head of Engineering, Production Onshore and Offshore, Engineering Services and Projects
Inspection, Maintenance, Engineering Contractors and Consultants.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job-Related Competencies
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
Degree in relevant Discipline, preferably Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering/ Chartered Engineer preferred.
- Ideally with more than 15 years of relevant experience offshore oil & gas pipeline industry; however, candidates with 12 years will be considered if they show an excellent track record in the requirement mentioned herewith.
- Former knowledge or experience working in Dubai beneficial.
- Ideally previous experience in an integrity engineer role.
- North Sea and Middle East Experience would be added advantage.
- Hands on experience in integrity management and engineering. Preferably has worked within engineering companies or consultants.
- Broad experience in data analysis and statistical analysis and information management.
- Relevant experience in the offshore oil and gas industry with involvement in Risk based Inspection and advanced Non-destructive Testing (NDT) techniques.
- Strong, practical understanding of asset integrity assurance in oil and gas.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Process Safety, risk assessment, safety management and technical integrity management within an Exploration and Production (E&P) environment. Integrity Assurance assessment and integrated safety case experience.
- Capable of managing large scale databases and inspection programs.
- Proficient in the use of data as a means of evaluating risk ranking and inspection plans.
- Analytical and Logical thinker. Capable of utilising and organising limited and scattered information to make rational conclusions and decisions.
- Capable of conducting own research and can come up with solutions to technical challenges based on published industry papers and reports. A candidate who published their own technical works and presented research will be considered at an advantage.
- Very good English communication skills; very good at reporting and presenting (verbal and written).
- Excellent in using MS Office Applications especially EXCEL.
If this sounds like the role for you, please don't hesitate to apply now.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30748