Project Manager-Power Plant
Power & Desalination / Power Plant/ Project Management
We are working with a key client in Dubai who are multinational engineering organisation that supply their services to the global marketplace.
We are looking at identifying a Project Manager to support their current projects, overseeing plant management and offering support and strategic solutions to the project team.
- Directs and Manages projects from beginning to end.
- Act as Project focal point to the Client.
- Prepares and implements Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Responsible to manage Project Scope, Budget, Resources, Schedule, Quality. Cash flow and Stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule workload and resources in-line with the project schedule.
- Organize Project meetings (internal and external) and review workshops.
- Effectively communicate Project expectations and Client requirements to team members.
- Supervise Weekly and Monthly progress reporting.
- Project monitoring and control with the support of project services team.
- Ensure interfaces between all disciplines are incorporated where required, to achieve project objectives.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC procedures, performance standards and specifications.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload within a schedule.
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot areas of concern.
- Identify potential risks and devise contingency and mitigation plans.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and perform claim management.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability during project implementation.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize identification of technical problems and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Build and develop business relationships vital to project success.
- Conduct project "lessons learned" meetings.
- Manage proposals in-line with Tender requirements.
- Attends all the company-organised training courses when invited.
- Development of company capability by assisting in the training of staff.
- Be aware of and obey the Company Health, Safety and Environmental, and Quality rules & perform the activities as per guidance.
- Minimum 20 years' experience
- Power plant experience is must (at least 10 years' experience as PM)
- Excellent English proficiency in writing and reading is mandatory
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical OR Electrical engineering
- PMP certification preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.