The operator is responsible for safe and reliable operation of wells and other field facilities
- Ensure that all activities in area of control comply with Health Safety and Environment (HSE) standards
- Participate actively and provide inputs to Operations Safety meetings, Desktop Emergency scenarios, Emergency Exercises.
- Comply with control of work procedures to exercise control of bypass, Hazardous Energy Lockout-Tagout and Permit to Work
- Perform Emergency functions by taking actions to avoid escalation of emergency events
- Actively participate in company safety program
- Coordinate and perform as instructed by control room and shift supervisor day to day operations e.g. well opening and closing, well conversion, choke changes, emergency operations.
- Attend daily shift hand over meetings; give/ receive verbal and written handover.
- Make 2 full rounds of all wells per shift, inspecting all equipment, log operating parameter; report and action deviations if any. Highlight any encroachments or security concerns.
- Complete 2 patrolling rounds of field each shift covering wells, flow lines and inner road route. Check and record oily water separator level in day shift and inform supervisor when it is ready to pump out.
- Reports and sand accumulation and get it cleaned so that access to all wells are clear and well pads are tidy. Direct contractor for shovel and manpower on wells/ areas needing attention. Record contractor work/ timesheets.
- Ensure the field vehicles/ hydraulic pump truck is maintained properly and any issues addressed to maintenance. Check vehicles start of shift and report.
- Update field changes and choke change reports.
- Complete log sheets and maintain a daily log of all events occurring in the field.
- Conduct first line troubleshooting in case of upsets/ trips and address the issues.
- Prepare well and flow line for maintenance work as per procedure. This includes preparation, isolation, N2 purging, gas testing to ensure free of Hydrocarb gas and liquids.
- Reinstate well/ flow line on completion of maintenance, ensuring it is tested satisfactorily prior to hand back to operations and pre-startup safety review is carried out.
Maintain good housekeeping at well pad area.
- Ensure control of work is strictly complied to operation procedures, Permit to Work, Method statements, Job safety analysis, Risk assessments etc. during maintenance activities.
- Identify simultaneous operations and control work.
- Initiate work request as require and coordinate maintenance activities in field.
- Are Authority for field, ensure site readiness before issues of permits, ensure all control safe in place and carry out pre job safety meetings.
- Regularly monitor maintenance and intervention work going on in the field and ensure compliance
- Support new project works for tie-in activities, construction, commissioning, punch list generation etc.
- Coordinate with well intervention team for well integrity checks, Data gathering, Risk base Inspection (RBI) team for flow line inspections and supervise contractors for this work.
- Ensure safe operation of vacuum truck for pumping waste oil from oily water separator.
- Perform special task as assigned by Shift Supervisor and Field Superintendent
- Work closely with operators and senior operators daily, Plant Superintendent, Gas Control Station Supply Lead, GCS Systems Supervisors, LNG Terminal, Senior Pipeline Engineer and their staff, maintenance technicians and supervisors, Onshore supervisors of operations.
- High school graduate with technical qualification in oil and gas operations
- Minimum 15 years in oil gas field experience.
- Sound knowledge of well intervention activities and workovers
- Sound knowledge of oilfield equipment, wells, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and control equipment in well operations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Good planner
- PC literate
- UAE DRIVERS LICENCE IS MANDATORY
If you are an oil and gas operator looking for a new role in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33727