Petroplan are currently seeking a Head of Structural/Civil Engineering to join a multinational EPC in Dubai.
- Provide technical guidance to Sr. Engineers / Engineers to ensure schedule adherence and quality of engineering documents related to FEED, basic and detailed design in Civil/ Structural discipline.
- Identify personal development & training plan for the reporting staff.
- Awareness of Company's QHSE Policy and Integrated Management System. Be aware of and obey the Company QHSE rules and perform the activities required by relevant procedures on these issues.
- Monitor the project schedules/Quantities/Changes through timely review and comments
- Review design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards
- Review design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Monitor and review - Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Review and approve design calculations for steel and concrete structures
- Review and approve seismic design and design for extreme wind loads
- Approve CAD drawings done using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, etc.
- Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
- Ensure all deliverables comply with quality as per Client/Project/Code specifications & standards.
- Give effective presentation to customers, suppliers and internally within the organization with other discipline leads and project management team
- Prepare and supervise preparation of proposal and contract design calculations using standards and / or new methods as required
- Review vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements.
- Have sound technical knowledge in structural analysis and design, foundation design, civil works and geotechnical engineering with considerable exposure to relevant design codes and standards
- Attend all the company-organised training courses when invited.
Pay rate: 30,000 AED pcm
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32753