To provide high level of understanding of legal and technical issues in order to resolve disputes and resolve complex commercial issues.
Responsible for high value commercial activities including the tendering procedures, change management, contract preparation, negotiation of terms and conditions and provide practical commercial solutions to any claims or disputes. Lead the Contract Commitment Team (CCT) in the preparation of sourcing strategy, tender board memo's and post contract performance reviews throughout the contracts active lifecycle. Responsible for post award monitoring to ensure compliance with the terms of the contract.
- Actively participate in developing various standard contract formats, policies and procedures for contracting and procurement functions, contracting and procurement strategies that will ensure maximum benefit and added value to the company
- Independently manage the full sourcing process from strategy development and implementation through award of contracts, including post award activities, contract administration, contract management and contract closure. Undertake all formal contracting activities relating to onshore/offshore service/work contracts including developing strategies, compiling bidders' list, developing appropriate tender documents, issuing of Invitation to Tender (ITT), analysis of tenders, commercial evaluation, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Liaise with and challenge the technical team to manage and execute contract changes, variations and claims in order to mitigate progress interruptions, extensions of time, failure to meet contract obligations and avoid unnecessary cost overruns by undertaking post-award contract administration including drafting and processing of amendments, variations and obtaining internal approvals. Contribute to the process of continuous improvement in the contracting process.
- Develop and execute post award contract performance management in conjunction with department managers and users
- Develop highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts.
- Identify areas of improvement in contracts management and participate in regular meetings with users in order to keep track of all the processes and drive improvements with the Head of Commercial and Business Planning
- Relevant Bachelor of Science degree required; Law Degree preferred.
- 10 years' contracts experience in oil and gas operations or similar industries.
- Extensive experience in the preparation and negotiation of tenders/contracts of small/medium/large scale projects with complexity and diversity
- Drilling contract experience
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29320