Petroplan is searching for a Engineering Design Technician in Chatham, ON.
This is a 1 year contract.
- Accountable for design and drafting requirements using CAD software to create Pipeline & Station project drawings (mechanical, route selection maps, details, electrical, civil), composites, etc.) through the application of principles & practices to create, edit and maintain safe, compliant, cost effective and efficient designs.
- Accountable for coordination and oversight of third-party design consultants with respect to pipeline and major station designs to ensure that the designs follow the intent of Enbridge standards and specifications.
- Accountable to research and assemble all pertinent and relevant information (design criteria, parameters, material requisitions, documents, Bill of Materials, etc.) to be used for engineering designs.
- The responsibility extends to the coordination and prioritization of tasks and work across multiple client groups, internal and external.
- Responsible to support corporate manuals (Station, Isometric, C&M, Portal, etc.) and programs by preparing, creating and editing technical drawings & details.
- College diploma or university degree in a technical/engineering program, with a preference for the Mechanical, Architecture or Civil disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years advanced technical experience applying engineering principles to designs and drawings.
- Excellent technical design and drafting skills using CAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Solid written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team setting, with minimal supervision.
NICE TO HAVE'S:
- OACETT - A.Sc.T., C.Tech. or C.E.T.
- Experience with Bentley Products (PlantSpace, OpenPlant, MicroStation, ProjectWise), and/or AutoCAD products (AutoPlant).
- 2 years work experience designing & drafting natural gas or related facilities.
- Solid understanding of industrial measuring devices (i.e., mechanical, pressure, temperature, flow, electrical, level).
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37282