You will lead the safe management of tailings ponds and other mine waste related facilities and structures at our base mine facility in Fort McMurray. You will be the point of contact and be in a critical position to support the geotechnical engineers of record.
- Understand all conditions related to dams and mine waste related facilities and structures on site
- Respond to dam safety incidents or concerns in the field and liaise with the various operating groups to handle field related issues
- Liaise with government representatives during site inspections
- Handle our work scope authorizations process for geotechnical control areas on structures
- Lead the performance monitoring program that includes quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of instrumentation data, visual surveillance etc.
- Lead the preparation and timely submission of regulatory reports: annual construction and performance reports, dam safety reviews and oil sands conservation regulations
- Handle the preparation and updating of dam safety manuals
- Coach and mentor the instrumentation and construction teams with regards to performance monitoring of the structures
- Provide regular quality assurance dam safety reports that summarize the monthly instrumentation and construction to the EOR and site construction groups
- Review contractor initiated turnover packages and act as a signing authority where applicable
Experience and Education:
- Eight or more years of experience in large civil earthworks construction projects, which include: field construction, performance monitoring, construction quality assurance, inspection and testing and engineering dam design or dam safety reviews
- Engineering degree in geotechnical, civil or a related field; master degree is preferred
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; AutoCAD and MineScape are preferred
- You are an effective communicator capable of understanding, anticipating and responding to the needs of mining engineering and operations groups
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions, conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
**Please note only those who are eligble to work in Canada without sponsorship can be considered for this role**
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29628