Our client, a large oil & gas organization is looking to add a Reliability Engineer for a 12 month independent contract located in Fort McMurray.
- Reporting to the Reliability Manager, you will work closely with the maintenance group to provide mechanical engineering, and equipment reliability support.
- Develop equipment strategies and preventive maintenance programs
- Support failure, root cause, and incident investigations and develop recommendations and action plans to prevent reoccurrence
- Participate in implementing reliability improvement initiatives in conjunction with the equipment asset multi-functional teams
- Conduct reliability analysis to predict remaining service life and make recommendations for equipment change out or overhaul
- Liaise with the vendors and original equipment manufacturers to resolve technical issues
- Employ equipment health monitoring tools to develop condition alarm thresholds, and technical operating envelops
- Conduct event driven and predictive maintenance analysis;
- Develop equipment and component health assessments, using maintenance history, condition monitoring tools and component hours;
- Liaise with Maintenance Planning and Execution to optimize maintenance scheduling
- Collaborate with stakeholders to optimize fleet lifecycle;
- Assess cost opportunities for fleet optimization;
Experience and Education:
- Four or more years of experience in mobile mining or heavy equipment maintenance and reliability engineering. Any previous mining operations and LVF/Support experience is an asset
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
- Registered professional engineer (P.ENG) or eligable for registration
- Possess a valid driver's license
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with a working knowledge of SAP
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing data, conducting root cause assessment and drawing and presenting conclusions and recommendations
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to make decisions with integrity and support company objectives and policies
- Collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- Practical thinker
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29913