Engineer IV (Fort. Mac.)
* Provide technical expertise and engineering assistance to various field groups, including PLM, Maintenance and Operations.
* Collaboratively interface with centralized support groups and act as a liaison between field operations and those groups.
* Lead the development of operating and capital projects while continuing to support the safe and reliable operations of our assets.
* Assist in the development of new business opportunities by identifying needs, liaison with Company personnel and Shippers and providing technical assistance, cost estimates, customer service and project management services as required.
* Approve Alternate Isolation Job Plans as per company's Safe Work Isolation Policy.
* Lead and/or participate in incident investigations.
* Represent field operations and maintenance as a member of technical committees and working groups
* Delegate work to EIT's, Engineers and Technologists as appropriate
* Manages, as part of the Maintenance Reliability Program, Maximo work orders issued to engineering by the field staff.
Required knowledge skills and abilities:
* Completion of an Engineering degree
o Preference is a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
* Professional engineering designation (P. Eng) in the province of Alberta
* 7 or more years of related industry experience
* Proven ability to initiate and manage change, be innovative, think strategically, and work well with teams
* Interest and proficiency in initiating and continuously learning new tools and systems including Software tools and work processes.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and promote the use of new tools
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors. Strong written communication skills are essential for this position
* High-level of initiative and ownership for the work
* Familiarity with relevant regulations and applicable codes is essential
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.