Health Safety Technical Training Specialist
Location: Fort McMurray
Schedule: 2 week on 2 weeks off
Contract: 12 months
Purpose: Supports the HSE and Competency Group in ensuring that all relevant training is managed, coordinated, and delivered as required in support of the overall competency program. Provides administration duties for all training and competency requirements.
- Assists with the development and implementation of training and competency programs
- Liaises with various vendors/training establishments/internal BU to coordinate training requirements
- Supports competency administration database/program
- Provides onboarding services to new employees
- Provide onsite orientation to new workers
- Support and comply with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of CPC's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. Ensure HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility. Unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, are to be reported so corrective actions can be taken.
- Assist with the implementation and measurement of the competency assurance program.
- Liaise with external training establishments in the arranging and coordination of various training programs.
- Works closely with the Operations training roles ensuring alignment and support to the overall competency program. May assist in training development as necessary
- Arranges and facilitates technical and safety training site
- Communicates with the field groups in determining training requirements for specific courses.
- Manages logistical requirements for training candidates to ensure optimum attendance and effective cost control of training.
- Assists in reviewing and developing the training budgets and monthly cost analysis providing reports as necessary (SAP)
- Co-ordinate and liaise with CPC HSE department to ensure HSE are maintaining field employees with current HSE and regulatory training requirements (HSE Training Matrix etc).
- Provides an initial onboarding service to new employees in liaison with the Operations trainers and Admin Staff.
- Support the Competency Specialist in the development of technical training programs.
- Support the Competency Database in respect of employee competency records, KPI's etc.
- Monitors training delivery and outcomes providing reports as necessary
- Undertakes gap analysis as required
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong mentoring qualities
- Effective team worker
- Good organizational skill
- Strong facilitator
- Technically strong in SAGD operation
- Minimum Technical Diploma / 3rd Class Power Engineer or equivalent experience
- 10 years in Oil & Gas experience preferably including SAGD operations
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.