General Description of role:
- Performs sampling tasks throughout the plant site, field and off sites of varying matrixes to support critical and core analysis in support of our operation, ensuring these samples are representative of the source.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Support lab operation, safety and environmental systems
- Support stake holders on projects, R&D and operations optimization
- Troubleshoot plant process/sampling issues
- Look for and lead efforts to improve processes and procedures as it relates to position
- Carry out routine and non-routine lab sampling
- Perform routine and non-routine chemical and physical analysis as requested/required in support of stakeholders and co-workers
- Data entry as needed
- Sample login into SampleManager
- Communicate with Operations on plant issues impacting sampling and safety
- Ensure proper safety protocols are in place and in practice when performing duties
- Identify issues that impact safety, environment and/or production
- Report any safety issues that come up and help contribute to ideas for avoiding
accidents and improving the overall safety at the Christina Lake facility
- Shipping champion for Lab group, ensuring TDG requirements are met, proper labeling/cost coding is documented on COCs, etc.
- Clean sampling containers (cylinders) to prevent contamination
- Train new Field Lab Technician's on sampling protocols and procedures
Ensure proper communication and documentation occurs with cross shift (crossover notes, etc.)
- Alberta Class 5 Driver's License
- Industry exposure
- Mechanically inclined
- Sampling experience
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- High school education, or equivalent
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.