This position will be a site based role, where the central job function will be collecting and analyzing samples to provide accurate data to operations. The successful candidate will also comply with a QA/QC laboratory program to ensure accurate reporting.
- Support and comply with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of CPCs Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System
- Collect and extract well pad emulsion samples.
- Collect gas samples
- Prepare collected or extracted samples for analysis or shipping.
- Perform various routine tests in an efficient manner, primarily Karl Fisher water analysis.
- Communicate sample results clearly and efficiently
- Utilize, calibrate and maintain Karl Fischer titrator
- Collect process samples in an operating plant, following all applicable safety precautions
- Ensure laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition
- Ensure that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock
- Interface with Operators, Process and Facility Engineers, and Site Management
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the CPC's Alcohol and Drug policy, which includes pre-assignment testing
- Have, or be willing to complete H2S Alive before arriving to site to begin work.
- Able to perform sampling with SCBA (Self-contained breathing apparatus) when required.
- Valid Drivers license- Comfortable driving a truck.
- Willing to work in a high paced physical role in an outside environment ~50% of the time.
- Self starter; ability to work with limited direction
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Productivity programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, utilizing strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to comply with a 14/14 rotational schedule, day shift and night shift
- Valid DL and fit testing for SCBA 7000 required
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.