MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Electrical and Instrumentation
Location: Fort McMurray
Contract: 12 months ongoing.
The maintenance engineer reports to the Lead Reliability Engineer and specialize in the day-to-day challenge of returning the equipment to operational capability. The maintenance engineer's focus is short term and responds to equipment failures by providing field troubleshooting support and timely work scopes. The maintenance engineer supports the safe and reliable operation of equipment by completing integrity assessments and recommendations.
- Communicate with vendors (technical)
- Create notifications
- Provide front line support to maintenance for equipment repairs including troubleshooting and technical advice
- Create scopes of work for non-RIK repairs
- Approve pressure equipment RIK
- Support field execution for planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Provide technical support to develop maintenance and operation procedures for equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment being designed and repaired, and recognized international standards
- Inspect work at external fabrication and repair shops when required
- Suggest improvement opportunities for training, bills of materials, scopes and asset design
- Manage change in the KMS tool
- Complete integrity assessments
- Complete deferral assessments based on risk to integrity
- Audit field repairs
- Equipment design, operation and maintenance
- Process safety management
- Understanding of maintenance processes
- Risk management
- Problem solving, prioritization and decision making
- Relationship building
- Effective communicator
- Change management
- Equipment assessment including fitness for service evaluation
- Maintenance repair practices
- Commissioning, start-up and shut-down, turnaround experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards related to engineering discipline.
- Ensures that the equipment in the CFT are maintained in a cost-effective manner by:
- Preparing non-RIK repair scopes for both on site and off-site work for all (P0, P1, P2, P4 and P3 if assigned)
- Stewarding and collaborating with the lead engineer to recommend appropriate action to repair equipment
- Work closely with maintenance execution and planning personnel to solicit feedback on repair scopes
- Completing fitness for service assessments and provide recommendations on repair, replace or return to service
- Monitors asset health and provides the Reliability Lead recommendations:
- Review of condition monitoring information for detection of equipment health issues or functional failures. When a pending failure is identified the maintenance engineer is responsible to intervene in collaboration with operations and maintenance
- Periodic field walk downs as requested by operations and maintenance
- Provides recommendations to changes in operating/maintenance procedures to ensure adherence to equipment TOE
- Performs asset assessments if long term/multiple TOE exceedances result in asset life reduction or inability to meet next planned major maintenance event.
- Lead/support trouble-shooting initiatives providing a clear understanding of the problem and recommend corrective actions.
- Responsible to manage change to address risks associated with required equipment changes
- Entering MOC recommendations into the system regarding equipment changes with completed risk ranking in order to manage equipment risks
- Responsible to be a change leader and/or MOC task processor for changes related to equipment condition, obsolescence, improvements, or availability of replacement components
- Ensures high quality materials are received and installed by:
- Working with QA, supply chain, and vendors to ensure that appropriate engineering review plans are established for fabrication of new/replacement equipment in accordance with guideline GL-EM-004-04.
- Providing SCM with material technical details as well as input on material cost and repair schedule. Provide vendor repair work scopes (if required) to facilitate vendor repairs of damaged components
- Works with reliability team to drive continuous improvement for assets by:
- Recommending opportunities for the area reliability improvement plan. This includes material improvements, equipment design changes, bad actors, input in procedure changes and equipment strategy improvements.
- Supports the sustainment of M&R Asset Information by:
- Providing feedback to the reliability engineer on deficiencies for master data
- Updates drawings for the CFT assets in the document management tool while complying with the management of change (MOC) process for as-found condition
- Supports sustainment of asset strategies by
- Recommending changes to the reliability engineer for asset strategies based on asset condition or as found damage
Support Major Event/Turnarounds by:
- Providing technical oversight of removal/installation of equipment or components
- Support Turnaround planning by reviewing plans and schedules
- Complete found work repair scopes
- Guidance on any deviations required for SOW
- Prompt response to requests for information
- Completing fitness for service evaluations and determining whether to repair or return to service
Support Routine Maintenance Planning and Execution by:
- Provide front line first response to support maintenance troubleshooting on a daily basis
- Providing clarity on engineered scope of work
- Providing timely recommendations on found work through endorsed repair requests.
- Supports planning by providing technical advice on repair plans based on scope of work
- Develop inspection scopes for pressure vessels
- Day to day advisory influence includes prioritizing maintenance with the maintenance coordinator, recommendations to repair or replace equipment based on assessed damage
- Works with the Reliability Lead to ensure that change management activities, including creation, tracking and implementation of all changes are complete and effectively communicated to all impacted personnel.
- Participate in incident investigations relating to equipment failures and ensures all follow-up recommendations are completed.
- 1-5 years experience in maintenance/reliability
- Electrical & Instrumentation background
- Oil & gas industry experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.