Maintenance Engineer - Tailings Electrical & Instrumentation
Location: Fort Hills
Contract: Until August 2024
Schedule: 4/3 Day Shift, 40hrs per week 8/12/12/8 due to flying in day 1 and out day 4
- Act as point of contact for electrical/instrumentation maintenance and reliability engineering, working closely with E&I maintenance technicians
- Support as technical interface between FH and equipment OEMs to resolve technical issues and evaluate new products
- Support and/or lead incident investigations
- Support project work
- Provide engineering/field input
- Review engineering documents and work packages
- Gather field information
- Support asset strategy development (spares strategy, PMs, material master)
- Support turnaround scope development
- Assess and optimize existing asset strategies
- Review and/or revise electrical maintenance procedures and practices
- Power systems analysis, including load flow, short circuit, protection & coordination, arc flash
- Develop SOWs and engineering packages for brown-field electrical and instrumentation work, including calculations and drawing updates
- Review and respond to RFI's submitted by Maintenance, Ledcor, or a vendor. Communicate change and assign follow-up actions as necessary
- Answer SCM/vendor technical questions
- Perform RCA, prepare report, assign causal analysis team members and set up meetings, assign Enablon actions, communicate learnings
- Support Ops/Maintenance response, field observations for RCA
- SOW creation for electrical projects
- Analytics' for various Tailings assets (i.e. wear rates, life achieved, etc.),
- Support maintenance and operations as needed
- Daily interaction and sharing of data and information within the Reliability group
- Required Qualifications:
- Experience and Education: Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering Degree; P.Eng Status; 5 years experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Well-versed with CEC/CSA codes; Experience in LV and MV electrical system design and maintenance including UPS, VFD, MCC, switchgear, motors, cables, protection devices.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.