Fort McMurray Based*
· Responsible for daily forecasts for respective business unit portfolio, including working closely with the execution managers to discuss trends and make recommendations
· Expected to liaison daily with contractors in your respective portfolio to review performance
· Analyze project cost trends and present to stakeholders in a comprehensive, complete and timely fashion, including proactive investigation of causes of variances between estimated and actual amounts and recommend solutions or recovery plans
· Support project closeout including Identifying areas for improvement, communicating lessons learned, and preparation of closeout reports
Experience and Education:
· Five or more years of experience in financial or project control and/or strategy
· Oil and gas industry experience is preferred
· Business or technical degree or diploma
· Project, accounting or cost designation preferred but not required
Skills and Knowledge:
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, manage conflict and decision making processes to optimize outcomes is key to success in this role
· Ability to successfully work under tight deadlines
· Strong numerical and analytical skills and understanding of cost control systems
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
· SAP experience preferred but not required
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29806