This is a work from home position in Northern Alberta or willing to travel to Northern Alberta frequently
The Outside Technical Sales Representative will promote and secure the sale of pump and gas compressor products within the assigned market sectors. Market sectors include Municipal Water and Wastewater, Fire Protection, Heavy and Light Industrial and Commercial with specific account focus on EPC's, engineering consultants, mechanical contractors, end user accounts and OEM's within the assigned territory of Edmonton or Northern Alberta.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, qualify and secure sales opportunities for the companies represented products, including the appropriate packaged systems, in the prescribed markets and territory.
- Develop, nurture and maintain close working relationships with the decision-makers in the assigned markets including consultants, operator/maintenance and contractors.
- Influence and assist in preparing technical specifications for the engineering consultants on represented products.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the Regional Sales Managers for represented products.
- Provide market intelligence to Inside Sales during quote preparation.
- Follow up and close quotes issued by Inside Sales.
- Update and maintain internal sales tracking system on a regular and frequent basis.
- Develop and maintain project activity reports indicating status ( i.e. pre feasibility, budget, RFQ)
- Assist in developing yearly sales forecasts.
- Conduct product/process lunch and learn sessions to the appropriate engineering firms.
- Work directly with represented manufacturers to obtain technical information, project pricing and special requirements.
- Promote products at regional trade shows as required.
- At least 3 years demonstrated ability to successfully sell the assigned products in this geographical area.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and influence buying decisions
- Technical education and background, C.E.T preferred.
- A thorough and demonstrated knowledge of the processes involved in the Oil & Gas market place (Conventional - upstream/midstream and SAGD)
- Superior and effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical skills required for technical documents review and comment.
- Better than average computer skills, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Superior organizational skills - a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a busy team.
- Power Point
- Technical specification writing
- Rotating Equipment - pumps
- Consultant engineering
- Oil Producers - conventional, SAGD, heavy oil processes
- Gas Producers - upstream and midstream processes
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29946