Job description (Contract Coordinator/Project Engineer)
- Participates in front end document reviews such as engineering packages, project scopes and bid package evaluations.
- Participates in contract kick-off meetings and supports the onboarding of contractors.
- Reviews and approves contractor documents, manuals and procedures in concert with mining management and contract administrators.
- Participates in contractor progress update meetings.
- Identifies and reports engineering, procurement and contractor activity variances to mine technical and mine production managers
- compile and collate information to support stewardship reporting
- Monitors and supports the flow of change management documentation, responses to answers contractor request for information, issuing of field change notices and field change requests
- Monitoring contractor schedule, man-hours, costs and progress quantities in partnership with mine planning and finance representatives.
- Attests payment certificates
- Leads final walk-downs and is knowledgeable of the scopes being walked down
- provides support and site communication for project start-up activities
- Verifies contractor turnover submissions through ongoing monitoring of the progressive development of contractor scope progress in partnership with mine technical.
- Participates as required for project close-out activities
- Ensures all safety related incidents are entered into enablon and actions are followed up on through the contractor
- Engineering degree (Mining or Civil) would be an asset, but not mandatory.
- 5-15 years of Mining experience with a focus on civil projects
- Strong people skills.
- Maintain professional relationship with contractors
- Good understand of mine operations and civil construction activities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and take initiative to follow through on pending items
- High attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of labor laws
- Knowledge and understanding of mine work permitting and lock out procedures (additional training will be provided)
- Collaborates with functional groups
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30538