Our client, a large oil & gas organization is looking to add a Turnover Manager for a 12 month independent contract with the high possibility of extension. This is a Fly in Fly out position to Fort McMurray. Rotation of 4 days on, 3 days off.
This Turnaround Manager will oversight of the Concept, Definition, Detailed Planning, Pre Turnaround, Turnaround execution and Post Turnaround phases.
* Maintain a relationship as a key partner with the Maintenance Planning Specialist in strategy, development, and execution for all Turnaround phases.
* Work scope gathering, disciplined scope challenge, scope development and optimization, scope freeze, scope addition management (scope creep), and T/A Planner oversight
* Management of Operations Planning ensuring detailed plans and procedures are in place for shutdown, decontamination and startup. Assuring adequate operations resourcing for T/A preparation, execution and post T/A follow-up activities.
* Management of the T/A Risk register with detailed contingency and mitigation action plans and tracking
* Turnaround Industry benchmarking reviews for scope, cost, duration and performance target setting
* Ensure that Capital project and engineering activities are fully integrated early in the process, and are planned and executed by the maintenance turnaround group recognizing the synergy and importance of one T/A Planning and execution group and shared resources for all T/A activities.
* Oversee the development and execution of the Turnaround Contracting Strategy
* Liaise with Procurement representatives to assure timely delivery of materials required for T/A with a focus on long lead items
* Identify and apply improvements from lessons learned from other Company facilities
* Work with the T/A Core and Steering teams to ensure effective site wide ownership of Turnaround success. Attend all Steering team meetings and report to the Steering team as required
* Liaise with the site HSE manager for T/A safety strategy, plan and reporting development
* Coordination of execution activities to ensure effective field productivity and safety
* Oversee the daily turnaround progress reporting and KPI assessment
* Oversee effective shift turnover and meetings
* Coordinates with Field coordinators, contractor representatives and other groups to adhere to
* Participates in Safety activities such as observation and ensuring timely incident reporting
* Manage post T/A Follow up activities including Post T/A Trade activity completion, Contractor reviews, work order close, look back and lessons learned and final reporting
* High School Diploma
* Red Seal Journeyman Trade Certificate
* 15-20 years of experience working in Trades and an excellent understanding of the job functions of the trades (Pipefitting, Instrumentation, Electrical, Millwrights, Scaffolding, Insulation, Welding) within the Oil & Gas Industry.
* 5 years of experience in Turnaround Management
* Experience using SAP PM and/or Maintenance modules
* Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Experience using Turnaround centered planning and scheduling software
Nice to Have Qualifications:
* Planning Certification
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designations from PEMAC
* Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) Certificate
* Engineering Degree
* APEGA Membership
* Experience supporting a first Turnaround for a site
* Experience with SAGD facility equipment and maintenance
* Experience using Primavera P6
* Experience using GWOS - Graphical Work Order Scheduler (SAP)
* Knowledge of AP - Networks Turnaround Management Processes (Navitrack)
* Experience using Livelink - (HDMS/DM) enterprise documents management systems
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30324