Business/Project Development Manager - Solar / BESS
Petroplan are recruiting for a Business/Project Development Manager for a growing European Development company.
With a steady pipeline in Europe and funding in place, they are looking to add an enthusiastic and passionate Business/Project Development Manager to work with the Country Director and ensure an exciting period of growth across France.
* accountable to moving the project pipeline of investments from the initial investment approval, through the investment decision (financial closing) and all the way to the attainment of the RTB status and sale of the project (when applicable).
* a matter expert for the development team and interfacing with engineering, legal and financial management for staffing and execution.
* leading the main project development activities and escalations from the developers' team, including site visits, full risk assessment management and mitigation plan, vendors and client management including contracts execution and tracking.
* leading the permitting process by joining the steering committees and proactively solving any incoming issue.
* leading the approval of project development budgets and ensure timely monitoring, cost reduction and mitigation plans; support the financial team where relevant in invoicing and payment processes.
* full reporting on the status of the project pipeline.
* leading relationships with external stakeholders, including long term planning with development partners, originators, clients.
* leading the presentation of the new projects to the Investment Committee - including inputs to financial modelling - with proper risk assessment and recommendations for investment.
* supporting in the update and tracking of the business development plan.
* reviewing and negotiating all kinds of agreements required for the project development process.
* supporting the sales team in dealing with RTB projects sales, where applicable.
* handing over RTB projects to the construction team once reaching NtP, where applicable.
* supporting the project finance team along with EPC team in due diligence to gain financing.
* actively participating in and supporting M&A activity, mainly due diligence.
* good in understanding of the TSO and local grid networks.
* leading the new project prospecting supporting the development team in the effort of originating relevant investment opportunities.
* building and maintaining a network of contacts in the energy generation and storage space.
* attending internal and external meetings and represent in a suitable fashion according
to the company code of conduct at all times.
What we are looking for:
* proven experience of project development for solar PV and/or BESS in France. (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.),
* good quantitative and qualitative skills in project management, technical risk assessment, financial risk assessment at project level.
* impressive impact with the team members for coaching and leading by example. Good motivator.
* organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Proven knowledge of the electricity market in the France, including but not limited to interaction with
grid operators, knowledge of the regulation for permitting, land agreement management.
* knowledge of solar/BESS technology and costs (e.g., panels, BOS, EPC, O&M). Basic knowledge
of ancillary technologies. (e.g., batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.)
* fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment with very good
interpersonal and communication skills, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.