Market analysis/Market intelligence experience in fertilizer market (urea, ammonia, nitric acid etc).
Sr. Market Analyst activities are mainly focused on market analysis of Fertilizers products. The objective is to assist the Head Market Analysis, Asst. Manager Market Analysis and Manager Business Perf & Market Analysis in getting a clear picture of the worldwide Fertilizer market and to build a vision on its evolution in the short, medium and long term. In the day-to-day business, he/she also plays a key role in the weekly / monthly price guideline and product analysis. He/she prepares in-depths analysis for management by carrying out surveys, market research; reviews market trends and compiles various reports on a weekly/monthly basis as and when required by Management.
- Gather ad-hoc information (reports, researches, studies, intelligence) based on needs of the management. Keep the information gathered from various sources in a systematic & organized way.
- Build and follow up Supply / Demand in each region, including trade (import/export), operating rate and develop a model to include inventories and recycling effects. Based on Supply / Demand, define products spreads evolutions per region.
- Manage and analyse the information gathered during tradeshows / exhibitions / seminars. Make brief summary document and also detailed excel sheet covering all walk-ins at the tradeshows and recommends further participation in the same shows.
- Carry out specific marketing surveys to investigate the company position & image in the market. Make a detailed economic and commercial evaluation to orientate market expansion strategy.
- Develop awareness of, and perform in accordance with, the companies established marketing policies and procedures.
- Review market trends / indices and keep abreast of new developments in the market related to supply / demand balance, competitors.
- Analyse synergies and develop swot analysis for each region.
- Analyse market share and profitability for each products market segment/application and identify opportunities / threats for the company (including Porter five forces analysis, swot, GE matrix, BCG matrix, etc).
- Build a customer segmentation based on volume and profitability (differentiated segmentation for prospects).
- Understand Product Life Cycle for each product and contribute to grade slate optimization analysis.
- Propose Global Marketing & Sales Strategy, focused on netback and market share optimization. Build alternative scenario and develop back-up strategy.
- Actively Participate & Contributes in creating the Marketing Strategy document (5 years horizon)
- Contribute and participate in the implementation of the marketing strategy & also in various initiatives linked to this implementation.
- Interact with Principal Marketers and Marketers in Fertilizer team regarding product allocation (optimization between Net-back, market share, customer satisfaction, operational constraints)
- Provide critical market trends analysis explaining regional product price evolutions. Inputs for this analysis will include official publications, feedback from marketing teams.
- Communicate regular updates based on the latest pricing trends to pre-defined list of recipients.
- Propose pricing forecast for Price Guideline and related arbitrage. Enters Price Guideline in SAP. Maintains all the records of approved periodic Price Guidelines and related matters/approvals.
- Compile and issue periodic and ad-hoc reports, statistics and graphs, required by management, customers and other organizations
- Comply with all relevant management systems and procedures.
- Follow up, analyse and report performance by region, product and application.
- Coordinate to contact customers, support Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) and collate data; then analyse the same to extract maximum benefit from the information customer has provided. Ensure that outcome is communicated to concerned persons and that 'corrective actions' are taken to reduce / eliminate these areas of dissatisfaction / customer grievances.
- Participate in the Marketing & Sales team discussions and contribute by providing required support as and when required.
Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.