Job Title: Automation/OT
The purpose of this role is to work as an Automation/Operational Technology (OT) Engineer, as a member of the Control and Automation discipline team to deliver the automation aspects of the project.
After the Commissioning and Start-Up period, you will transition to the production operations organisation to become a key member of the operation teams on this modern world scale petrochemical unit.
This an excellent opportunity to allow you to develop skills relevant for both a project and running a plant. As a manufacturing based company our client is looking for automation professionals to commit to an interesting and rewarding career in operations after completion and commissioning of this project.
C. Environment / Context: Internal factors:
Deliver excellent Safety Performance
Contribute to the largest overall construction project
Ensure compliance with environmental legislation, prior to and post start-up
Work productively with contractor firms
D. Accountabilities of the job:
- Develop along with the Main Automation Contractor (MAC) and Engineering Contractors Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) Hardware and Network basis of Design and ensure that OT is applied consistently across the whole project.
- Develop along with MAC and Engineering Contractors all the Functional and Detailed Functional Specifications
- Ensure effective integration of 3rd paty systems: Analyser Management System, Power Mamangemnt System, package PLCs, etc.
- Ensure effective integration of the IT Level in the ICSS network architecture.
- Define Data configuration for MAC Sub-systems such as Historian, Sequence Of Events, Asset Management, Alarm management, etc.
- Ensure ICSS Design is cyber proof and compliant with IEC 62443 norms.
- Develop yourself to a competent Automation/OT Engineer on the Honeywell Experion System so you can lead the hardware reviews and participate to software reviews.
- Work closely with the Project Automation Lead Engineer to ensure that all Automation issues are properly resolved in a timely manner.
- Support factory and site acceptance testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning as required.
- Ensure a seamless handover to Operation/Maintenance Team.
Operational Role - Maintain ICSS up to date and efficiently protected against cyber attacks
- Elaborate Maintenance roadmap in accordance with Plant Manager and Business guidances.
- Continuous improvement of the control application (tuning, improving the control strategy)
- Identify or provide support to capture new opportunities and ideas as well as continuously improve existing solutions, methodologies and ways of working
- When necessary, support CAPEX projects during whole project life including engineering, commissioning and start-up phase of the project
E. Required profile:
In general, our client will require the following skills:
- Excellent team player
- Strong planning and organizing ability
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds
- Familiar with an international environment where policy and procedure are a fundamental aspect
- Familiar with capital project life cycle and schedule
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Specific Role Requirements:
- An engineering degree (Industrial engineering or equivalent)
- More than 10 years' experience in Engineering role in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical setting.
- Ambition to develop yourself as an Automation/OT Engineer and a Cybersecurity Expert
- Willingness to learn about Process and Process Automation
- Flexible to travel
- Experience in virtualisation will be a plus
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.