Our client has recently acquired a site and is looking for an experienced candidate to take on the role as Engineering Manager to support up to 3 significant projects at this new site. This will require working as the site project manager/engineering manager for these projects as part of a larger regional team. It is the intention that after the successful delivery of the projects (dependent on timing) the engineering manager will resume normal reporting lines into the site manager and be responsible for the site engineering aspects.
* Leads budget development and spending control for the site.
* Ensures accurate and timely scope, cost justifications and project requests for improvement projects.
* Full Project lifecycle Management through Framing, Evaluation, Selection, Development, Execution and Review.
* Drives the Engineering department to consistent and safe methods of work through Risk Assessments and procedures.
* Leads the site team in the Continuous Improvement of the site OEE in terms of engineering and maintenance.
* RX focus - drive the site towards a high level of planned maintenance through the use of historical data and condition Based Monitoring.
* Ensuring Electrical, Mechanical and Process Safety Regulatory compliance on a Seveso site.
* The provision of safe equipment, safe working environment and ensuring all employees/contractors are provided
with and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
* Ensure a safe working environment, striving for zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations
* Manages multiple groups of employees involved in capital improvement, and updating of equipment, machinery, and the location;
* Develops operating policies and procedures to ensure the efficient use of resources, maintain a safe environment and produce quality products.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
* Working knowledge of Management of relevant country Health and Safety legislation
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills - able to coordinate activities across multiple groups
* A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment
* Ability to effectively build and manage relationships
* Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics
* Hands on approach and attitude
* Continuous improvement is a core value
* Self -motivated with a high personal standard
* Strong financial and commercial awareness essential
* Knowledge of maintenance practices, continuous improvement and OEE
* Project management skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.