JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT MANAGER
Title: Project Manager
Location: Accra (Ghana)
This role reports to the Field Development and Subsurface Manager (FDSM).
Project Execution Planning
- Assist the FDSM in planning the development activities and support management decisions.
- Represent the company as the main point of contact for the project contractors, subcontractors and on-site Activities. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Develop the necessary schedule and plans for facilities (subsurface and surface) delivering.
- Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedules.
- Oversee project change orders and request for information logs.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Senior Management team.
- Monitor and / or direct the Pre-Feed / Feed Engineering studies.
- Monitor and / or direct the Project EPC with the awarded servicing companies
- Oversee the installation of the subsurface and surface parcels, connections (risers, umbilicals, flexibles), production trees, manifolds…and implement operational best practices.
- Put in place the necessary and required means of transport and liftings (trucks, support and supply boats, cranes)
- Develop performance measurements of the awarded servicing companies.
Project Budget and Execution Risk Management
- Work closely with the Legal Manager to monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the project execution
- Identify potential problems and proactively address them.
- Support project proposal efforts, including identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications, and working with the engineering team on a cost-effective execution model.
- Guarantee good and in timely manner, safe execution of the hook-up and commissioning of all the sub-surface and surface facilities.
- Work with SEP's General Manager and Human Resources Manager to oversee employee incentive plans.
Third Parties / Local Staff
- Develop cohesive and effective project teams
- Ensure all Senior and Junior project staff have a personal development plan and are formally appraised annually, or more frequently by agreement.
- Manage all Procurement, Logistics (air freights and boat shipments), Custom Clearances and Facilities Engineer/Manager involved in the Project activities.
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager, for the negotiation of key commercial contracts
- Liaise with the CFO, regarding the cost control of the projects for which he/she is responsible.
- Liaise with the Field Development and Subsurface Manager, the Senior Management, the GM, the COO and the CEO, regarding projects cost management.
- Maintain relations with external experts / peer reviewers and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Support and promote the EHSQ initiatives and programs within the project management.
*BSc or Master in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university and or engineering background are essential for this role.
*PMI PMP Certification required
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to lead, motivate and provide project expert advice to the entire team
- Ability to discuss confrontational issues (example claims, delays, etc) with servicing / contracting companies
- Detailed knowledge of the international Oil & Gas industry
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in an E&P company in the Oil and Gas industry, at least 5 of which must have been in an executive upstream oil and gas project management role
- Commercial experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus
- Competence in upstream project delivery in timely and cost-efficient manner
- Demonstrable evidence of influencing, managing or controlling projects in a complex and changing business environment.
Proven Mentoring /Coaching & Training Skills.
- Annual Net Salary-Negotiable
- Residential Status
- Paid Accommodation
- Official Vehicle & Fuel
- Utilities Paid for by company
- Fuel for car
- Domestic assistance
- 2 return tickets for vacation annually
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29142