Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic GIS Lead to join our operations in Muscat, Oman. This role is part of a team delivering engineering services across a portfolio of oil and gas projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your knowledge of the hydrocarbons industry. We are looking for someone who is experienced in delivering the GIS function associated with Onshore Pipeline System design and building.
Key duties/responsibilities will include:
- Manage and maintain spatial systems for Oman office including administration of ArcGIS for Server and associated SQL Server database.
- Maintenance of project map services viewed by internal and external project stakeholders through corporate web based GIS application.
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) of client supplied data into spatial database.
- Preparation of concept and detail design for onshore pipeline projects.
- Production of GIS derived deliverables associated with onshore pipeline projects including alignment sheets, material take offs and GIS deliverables to support construction and asbuilding.
- Use of FME scripts to convert construction inputs into asbuilt GIS data in client specific data model.
- Quality control of all GIS deliverables.
- Provide technical support and assistance to project team.
- Identify issues and problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Preparation of Cost, Time and Resource (CTR) estimates for GIS discipline.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within with its Clients and other stakeholders.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in GIS or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in the GIS industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in onshore pipeline projects.
- Proven ability and experience in the use of geospatial techniques in relation to the extraction, analysis, interpretation and presentation of geospatial data utilising ESRI software.
- Proven ability to convert tabular data (Excel) into geospatial data using Easting/Northing or linear reference.
- Level of understanding and experience with geospatial issues and geospatial techniques to acquire and manage data.
- Familiarity with ArcSDE, SQL and CAD data.
- Ability to read and interpret technical details (crossing designs, right of way set out, minimum bend radius etc.) associated with onshore pipelines and translate to GIS deliverables.
- Familiarity with FME workbench ESRI edition highly regarded.
- Familiarity with GIS based, alignment sheet generation software (BlueSky Lightning (preferred) or New Century Software's SheetCutter).
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and present geospatial data to meet client requirements.
- Proven ability in providing high quality, comprehensive client service and establishing effective working relationships to communicate, consult and negotiate with project teams through sound communication, teamwork and liaison skills.
- Proven ability to competently perform a broad range of operational tasks associated with geospatial and administrative duties.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of spatial and web development technologies highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Pipeline Open Data Standard and associated data model highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience producing detailed design and asbuilt deliverables in accordance with Engineering Design and Drafting standards.
We offer a competitive remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects globally.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36827