Primary Purpose of the Job
The primary function of Head of Process Safety is to provide oversight of the client Risk group and provide safety and risk engineering support to all departments. Leads efforts to quantity operational risks for existing and new installations. Head of Process Safety is also responsible for the support, development and implementation of client Risk Management programs.
- Serve as the subject-matter-expert (SME) with regards to the requirements and programs to manage the Asset's HES risks
- Lead/participate in process hazard reviews such as HAZOPs, What-If's using applicable methodology to advise Asset functional departments in resulting actions and measures completion
- Assist departments in process design reviews and identification of issues at conceptual stage and serve as the HES Risk lead for projects
- Participate/Conduct dispersion modelling and facilitate facility siting and detailed quantitative risk assessment studies
- Review and validation of hazard identification studies and HES risk assessments
- Lead the development and implementation of tools to analyze HES risks and exposures
- Conduct/manage QC self-audits of HES Risk Management Programs to provide an evaluation of efforts to comply with Company policies, standards, and procedures
- Manage/Conduct HES Risk Management training for Asset personnel
- Participate/support Asset process safety/risk related incident investigations
- Support the development and implementation of optimal HES risk mitigation strategies and methodologies.
- Develop the Asset's HES risk reporting to senior management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science
- Post Graduate degree or professional certificate in Q / E / OHS
- Certified Lead Auditor by IRCA or equivalent Int'l Register in Q / E / OHS is a plus
- Certified Project Manager is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent presentation skills with multi-discipline background
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
- 15 years of total experience (preferably in a multi-national or O&G organisation)
- 7 years as Q / HSE / managerial position or consultant / auditor / tutor internally or working for a consultancy / audit firm
- Proven record of providing training
- Accountable to Department Manager for the establishment and maintenance of HSE performance systems, processes, strategies and related governance documentation.
- Acts with independence in facilitating senior stakeholder engagement.
- Acts with considerable independence in providing HSE intelligence to CLT.
- Acts with independence in managing the establishment of HSE performance processes and systems.
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- Demonstrates a sound working knowledge and ability to apply all technical principles, theories, and concepts within the risk engineering function
- Demonstrates a sound understanding by performing risk engineering studies by utilizing company/industry experience
- Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of analyses to identify solutions to technical problems
- Demonstrates knowledge with Risk tools.
- Demonstrates knowledge of risk engineering by participating in developing strategic risk mitigation options for management consideration
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Degree in engineering discipline (preferable Mechanical or Chemical)
- Minimum 10 years working experience in HES risk management and loss prevention, preferably in oil and gas operations
- Excellent analytical skills and high degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent report writing skills and excellent verbal and written command of English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34893