Senior Industrial Automation Engineer
*NOTE - This is an IT role, not an engineering role, please only apply if you have experience in, and can provide examples of, each of the role requirements listed below*
You will be responsible for developing the detailed technical configurations required to ensure that the many and varied plant floor computing platforms operate in a reliable manner and integrate seamlessly with each other and with the enterprise computing environment.
The position provides information technology support and ensures continued operation of the systems, processes, and technologies that comprise the company's Industrial Control Systems. The candidate will need strong DT infrastructure skills including network, client, server, and security.
Plant floor computing requires a broad variety of operating systems, software applications and communication protocol alternatives. These systems must communicate with various electronic devices and together they form the core of plant automation. The blend of DT and non-DT components present technical challenges that must be considered in the design.
- Primary role will represent DT Plant Computing engineering efforts on new capital projects (> $0.5 Billion USD) located in Uzbekistan and in various port locations throughout Europe based on project demands. This person will be embedded in the day-to-day design efforts and work closely with the company Engineering centers in the UK and India.
- This role will require travel within Europe and Central Asia as part of these new facility DT infrastructure deployments.
- Work with Process Automation Engineers to build and deploy control systems for new plant projects or control system upgrade projects.
- Participate in Industrial Control System cybersecurity assessments and deployments.
- Configure and install PCs and Servers for Process Control Applications.
- Provide first level incident response for Process Control PCs and Servers.
- Develop Zone & Conduit Diagrams and Perdue Enterprise Reference Architecture models for Process Control Systems.
- Develop, design, configure and deploy Plant Floor applications for malware, antivirus, disaster recovery, safelisting, asset management, remote access, intrusion detection and various other layer of protection for OT assets.
- Work with vendors and follow industry best practices for proper infrastructure support.
- Optimize work processes and implement automation to drive service efficiency and productivity.
- Help train, orient, bring up to speed new team members.
- Travel to plant sites, spend minimum of 25% of your time travelling.
- Participate in on-call support rotation, including evenings and weekends per rotation schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or an Engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical), or equivalent work experience.
- 15 years DT experience or comparable experience with process control systems
- Experience with Windows PC Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 11) and Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows 2016, 2019, 2022)
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection, Acronis Backup, Netop Remote Control, and McAfee Application safelisting
- Experience with networks (TCP/IP network protocols, DNS, DHCP), firewalls, and Active Directory
- Fluent in IEC 62443, NIST SP-800 and Saudi HCIS (High Commission for Industrial Security) and NCA (National Cybersecurity Authority) a plus
- ISA99/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Certificate a plus
- Willingness to learn and develop security administration skillset
- Familiarity with industrial control systems like Siemens PCS7,Honeywell, ABB ; Siemens and Honeywell are preferred
- Ability to manage multiple project priorities and competing demands
- Good communication, leadership and teamwork skills are required, including the ability to work independently
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must be sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver
- Must be able to safely handle physical demands of the position, including ability to lift up to 25 pounds, install equipment in tight spaces, and pull wire, cables, and run conduits as needs arise.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.