Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer
*Experience of working on Brownfield sites is essential for this position*
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager and leading the electrical scope of work on a range of proposals and projects executed in the EMEAI region.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise by taking ownership for our operating plants to ensure that the equipment is installed, operated and maintained correctly
- Assigning tasks to the Electrical Design teams, providing supervision and technical expertise to ensure delivery against time and quality constraints.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and outsourcing partners, seeking additional partners to add value to company and customer projects.
- Defining execution models for electrical engineering scope, monitoring performance and developing improved processes where appropriate based on lessons learned.
- Work on a wide range of electrical equipment including electrical protection relays, low voltage and high voltage distribution systems, large induction and synchronous motors and generators
- Carry out plant electrical load studies, motor starting studies, fault level calculations, protection and arc-flash studies
- Provide trouble shooting assistance to field electrical engineers remotely
- Become involved in the development of the wider company electrical community and electrical safety reviews and provide feedback to the electrical engineering design office
- Electrical Engineering degree preferable with a chartered engineer qualification or equivalent and at least 15 years' experience in an industrial operation engineering position
- Experience of working on Brownfield sites is essential for this position
- Proven experience in electrical power engineering in a design function within the industrial gas, petrochemical or an allied industry
- Experience in specification and procurement of low, medium and high voltage Switchgear, Power transformers and Power electronics (LCI's, VSD's and Thyristor Controllers)
- The ability to work with software packages for analysis of power systems (e.g. SKM Powertools or ETAP)
- Detailed technical understanding and practical knowledge of MV and LV induction & synchronous motors / generators, transformers, switchgears - including protection and control, and experience with variable speed drive and soft start systems and instrument power distribution with uninterruptible power supply systems
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with fluent written and spoken English
- A sound knowledge of hazardous area equipment selection and application.
- Experience associated with electrical systems of process plants in operations, planning and scheduling, engineering in project environment
- Background in three of the following areas associated with electrical systems: project management, FEED, detailed engineering, maintenance and reliability & efficiency improvement
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.