POSITION: Hot Oiler Truck Operator
LOCATION: Field Based, Central Africa
It will be the Hot Oiler Truck Operator (HOTO) responsibility to assist the well site Drilling, Completions and production teams to operate the Hot Oiler Truck and it systems, including treating and heating fluids at high pressure and temperature while observing gauges, equipment and safe operating procedures.
- Competent in the preparation of commissioning planning and reporting
- Competent in understanding and explaining related documentation: Pre start-up safety review (PSSR) procedures, Confined space entry, Control of work (Permit to Work), HAZOP/ HAZID and safety override planning and Competent in troubleshooting Heater Control & Modulation and Pressure & Flow Control
- Operating high pressure pump and burner for heating fluids
- Operating high pressure pump to circulate hot oil or water down flow lines, tubing and casing to melt and remove paraffin build-up
- Operating high-pressure pump to test the integrity of tubing and casing
- Observing equipment gauges and indicators and hand signals to monitor job activities and conditions
- Frequent standing during fluid heating operations
- Lifting, carrying and laying out hoses and joints of pipe from the truck unit to the wellhead or battery. May be required to lift over 50
- Connecting and disconnecting hoses and joints of pipe using hand tools
- High School equivalent education
- Valid class-1 drivers license and be able to drive standard 18 speed transmission trucks with a 5 year safe driving record
- Physically fit for manual labour which includes OGUK medical physical
- Mechanical background
- Able to communicate in the English language, spoken and written
- Knowledge and understanding how the 8 million BTU burner
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37084