- Offshore based
- Assisting the Drilling Management in the development and delivery of best in class Drilling Safety Management Processes
- Ensure the timely identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP
- Lead ISND and contractor teams to deliver an exemplary safety performance
- Demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviours, ensuring that the company safety expectations are communicated and maintained
- Foster a safe culture by being informed, mindful, learning, fair and respectful
- Align personal objectives for all direct reports with business unit objectives and HSE plan
- Be aware of all platform major Safety risks (SCRA's) and ongoing operational risks (ORA's) and countersign any associated with safety impact.
- Investigate incidents and implement learnings throughout the operations team
- Carry out safety auditing as per audit matrix and coach team members in behavioural safety (What If)
- Engage team in SEHRE meetings and follow up outstanding actions in a timely manner
- Report all accidents / near misses to OIS and Investigate incidents and implement learnings effectively
- Participate in accident / incident investigations as requested by OIS.
- Attend HES and technical training as deemed necessary by the company.
- Providing input to leading and lagging drilling safety performance measures
- Providing input to the collection of Lessons Learned for the Drilling activities
- Leading and participating in Drilling Safety Audits & Reviews
- Providing Drilling Safety input to HSE Management Reviews
- Liaising with Contractors Safety Advisor, OIM, Drilling Supervisor to increase HSE standards, procedures and awareness
- Conduct training sessions and drills to maintain and increase staff competency
Knowledge & Requirements
- A Diploma/degree/certificate in Health & Safety or demonstrated industry relevant experience
- Min 10 years' experience in HES for drilling/workover within the oil and gas industry
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34890