Currently recruiting a HSE Advisor for a Drilling Company in Nigeria. This position would be on a local status, thus not available for expatriates.
- Reasonable understanding of Nigerian regulations in relation to the oil industry
- Reasonable knowledge of all offshore license requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of offshore drilling equipment and processes
- Very Knowledgeable of risk assessment and management of change.
- Fundamental knowledge of rig emergency / rescue equipment and processes
- Reasonable knowledge of crisis management
- Fundamental knowledge of environmental management
- Fundamental knowledge of a general safety management system / Safety Case
- Knowledgeable of IADC reporting and classification of injury / illness
- Able to present and teach to a large audience
- Nigerian national
- Registered with Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria. ISPON
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Proficient in computer applications such as office and Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work
- Display high work ethics and integrity at all times
- Able to manage conflict and escalate as required
- Nebosh International General Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or OSHA equivalent qualifications or combination thereof. (i.e. 9001, 14001. 18001)
- Nebosh certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management
- Nebosh International Technical certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Nebosh Fire Safety and Risk Assessment Certificate
- Advanced Investigation Team Leader TapRoot® certification.
- ISM Code Lead Internal Auditor
- Emergency Medical Qualifications
- Five years or more previous experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry in a similar position or as a safety professional employed on an offshore drilling rig.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29933