Requisition Title: HSE Lead
The HSE Lead will be accountable for the implementation overall Rebuild Project health, safety, environment goals and ensuring compliance with OSHA and Wisconsin regulations. The HSE Lead will ensure that HSE orientation and training for all areas are completed and up to date, ensure compliance to all relevant HSE requirements, ensure that safety meetings are held, and safety trends identified. The HSE Lead is accountable for proper segregation and disposal of Rebuild Project waste in accordance with all regulatory and site requirements.
- Accountable for conducting site HSE orientation and training for all areas. 20%
- Accountable to ensure that the Rebuild Project Health and Safety Plan and the Contaminated Piping, Equipment and Material Disposal Plan are adhered to. 20%
- Accountable for attending contractor safety meetings. 10%
- Responsible for the HSE compliance of contractors and CMT personnel. 10%
- Responsible for monitoring safe work practices of contractors. 10%
- Responsible for investigating HSE related violations and incidents. 10%
- Responsible for inspecting the site and ensuring clean up procedures, waste disposal and sanitation practices are in accordance with statutory regulations. 10%
- Responsible for communicating with Operations in the daily safeguarding of the facilities and personnel, including developing and monitoring of safe work practices of Rebuild Project contractors. 10%
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or equivalent
- A minimum of 20 years of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties on capital projects
- Proven track record of success as an effective leader and safety professional
- Strong technical competency in developing, promoting and delivering safety educational materials
- Proven practical knowledge of safety and occupational health methods, practices, principles and procedures
- A thorough understanding of site, local, state, federal and international health, safety and environmental regulations, policies, and standards including OSHA, EPA.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective negotiation skills are preferred
- Strong non-authoritative leadership skills - ability to influence others
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Proven innovation skills
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Appropriate Trade designation / certification (Pipefitter, Millwright, etc.)
- Journeyman designation as a minimum
- Recognized participation in safety organizations such as ASHI, ASSE, NASP, NSC, etc.
- Consensus builder; team player; mentor; credible at all levels - both internally and externally preferred
- Effective risk management, analytical and planning skills are assets
The standard working hours are 50 hours per week; 10-hour days Monday to Friday at the site with business travel to Houston rarely if at all. The position is expected to continue until Q4 2021.
This position begins immediately.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36677